PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Mataya

ChuckR
01-05-2005, 06:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows what happended to Jimmy Mataya? I used to see him at all of the professional tournaments and then it was like he fell into a pocket. Anyone see him lately and if so do they know what he is doing in the way of pool?

Deeman2
01-05-2005, 06:49 AM
The only thing I have seen of Jimmy is the commentary he was doing on the ring games. I understand he is not playing much pool now.

Deeman

Rich R.
01-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Get the December 2004 issue of InsidePool. There is a feature story about Jimmy Mataya in that issue.

Perk
01-05-2005, 03:52 PM
If you really want to see him, you can see him at Barley's in Lansing, MI. And yes you can still get action if you want it.

woody_968
01-05-2005, 03:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Get the December 2004 issue of InsidePool. There is a feature story about Jimmy Mataya in that issue. <hr /></blockquote>

I thought that was a very good write up on Jimmy. He talks a little about when he decided to quit the game, but I cant remember all the reasons. I know some of it was the fact that it was hard to make money from the tournaments due to the low payouts vs expenses. I believe he also felt he would never get the respect that he felt he deserved.

If you can get your hands on a copy of the mag I think you would enjoy it. For that matter you should go ahead and get a subsciption to Inside Pool and Billiard Digest /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif