CSPL - Cincinnati Straight Pool League

PPPH - Petty Point Pool Hall /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dr_dave
01-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Here are some others that are used frequently:

LOL: laugh out loud
IMO: in my opinion
IMHO: in my humble opinion

Does anybody know of a site that lists these kinds of acronyms, which are common in newsgroups and forums?

DennyS
01-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks Wally, they will come in handy.

daviddjmp
01-05-2005, 03:09 PM
This site is very helpful for looking up Acronyms. You can find some there that you could never imagine existed:

http://acronymfinder.com/

SpiderMan
01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Don't forget:

PH = Poolhall
FL = Fast Larry

SpiderMan

Fred Agnir
01-05-2005, 03:24 PM
SIT - spin induced throw
CIT - contact induced throw
APAPP - Amateur Physics for the Amateur Pool Player
RSB - Rec.Sport.Billiard

IP - InsidePOOL
AZB - AZ Billiards

BHE - Back Hand English

HTH,

Fred

dr_dave
01-05-2005, 03:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote daviddjmp:</font><hr> This site is very helpful for looking up Acronyms. You can find some there that you could never imagine existed:

http://acronymfinder.com/<hr /></blockquote>
That's a great site. Thanks.

BTW, here's another:

RSB: rec.sport.billiard news group

SPetty
01-05-2005, 03:53 PM
wei or WEI - not an acronym at all but a genius' name. Mr. Wei created a flash web site that allowed pool players the world over to communicate much more effectively with simple copy/paste commands!

Correction:
PPPH - PettyPoint Pool Hall (hint: one word, special capitalization, like SPetty!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks for thinking of me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
01-05-2005, 10:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Correction:
PPPH - PettyPoint Pool Hall (hint: one word, special capitalization, like SPetty!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks for thinking of me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Gosh, and Wally hasn't even been lucky enough to have been to PPH...like me and some very lucky other CCB'rs!

Scott /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
01-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Googan-Someone who takes a 4 by 8 case to the pool hall. Has thousands and thousands of dollars worth of cues. Owns every pool gizmo, books and videos. Can't beat the 3-ball ghost.
AZB- Azbilliards.com
Gremlin-A WPBA groupie reference /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
9-Ball Girl- She's stalking me /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
IIRC- If I Recall Correctly

Rich R.
01-06-2005, 04:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Don't forget:

PH = Poolhall
FL = Fast Larry

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
Please, let's forget FL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Deeman2
01-06-2005, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Correction:
<hr /></blockquote>

Gosh, and Wally hasn't even been lucky enough to have been to PPH...like me and some very lucky other CCB'rs!

Scott /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> and me, and Spiderman and Chopstick and me, and ceebee and Sid_vicious and me, and Nineball33 and Poolfool and Utaddb and me, Ryushen21 and MEEEEEEE.. </font color>

Deeman
and MEEEEEE /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-06-2005, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> 9-Ball Girl- She's stalking me /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif<hr /></blockquote>stalk...stalk...stalk... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mtuckeriii
01-06-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Googan-Someone who takes a 4 by 8 case to the pool hall. <hr /></blockquote>

What does my 12 by 24 make me?

[ QUOTE ]
Can't beat the 3-ball ghost. <hr /></blockquote>

You've been peeking.

[ QUOTE ]
9-Ball Girl- She's stalking me <hr /></blockquote>

What's wrong with that? (hope my wife isn't reading this)

Deeman2
01-06-2005, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Googan-Someone who takes a 4 by 8 case to the pool hall. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> A candidate for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... </font color>

What does my 12 by 24 make me? <font color="blue">

A good candidate for a furniture mover? </font color>

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Can't beat the 3-ball ghost. <font color="blue"> My wife on a good day! </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

You've been peeking. <font color="blue"> That's never been proven in court!!! </font color>

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
9-Ball Girl- She's stalking me <hr /></blockquote>

What's wrong with that? <font color="blue"> The envy of a lot of us... </font color> (hope my wife isn't reading this) <font color="blue"> Marry women without computer skills... </font color> <hr /></blockquote>