PDA

View Full Version : Super shots of the match?

stickman
01-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Is it just me or do you find it disturbing that the "Super Shot of the match" is often pure luck or an unintentional 9 ball? For instance: When Julie Kelly played Jennifer Barreta in Florida, Julie was awarded the Super Shot with the 9 ball unintentionally made to end the match. What about the 2 ball that was intentionally banked into the 9 to sink it during the same match? This shot was also shot by Julie. This is just one example. I see this all the time and it just bugs me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chris Cass
01-06-2005, 03:48 PM
I hear ya Stickman,

They wouldn't know a super shot if it hit them in them in the butt. lol It's borderline getting to the point of directing to the felt people.

Regards,

C.C.~~let Grady in the box.

DavidMorris
01-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree, I'm seeing this a lot lately. It's like the ESPN crew is too lazy to go back and find a nice shot unless it's just a spectacular one. What bugs me even more than the "fluke" shots are the Super Shots that are basically a one foot straight in 9 ball shot to win the game/match. It's just like almost every 9 ball shot in the game, sure it may have won the match, but by itself it's not a super shot! Can't they come up with even a simple bank or a tough cut out of all of the shots played?

JimS
01-07-2005, 05:48 AM
I think it's Mitch's idea of a super shot...either him or some other dick-head behind the scene person...a producer, director?. I'm pretty confident that the player announcer, be it Ewa or Dawn Hopkins or whoever, would NOT think of a slop-shot as the "super shot" of the match.

And yeah it bugs me too and just adds to the exhibition of obvious ignorance regarding the game by whoever puts these shows on.

bomber
01-07-2005, 06:53 AM
its an obvious joke but the "super shot of the match", imo, wasnt designed for us in the know about pool...it was designed to keep the non players who are watching the match interested....just tv for ya

9 Ball Girl
01-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Do you think that perhaps the Super Shot of the Match is decided by the Pro commentator? I can see it now:

ESPN Person (to Mitch and Eva): So what is the Super Shot of the Match?
Mitch: Gee I dunno. Eva darling, you are the Striking Viking. What should the shot be?
Eva: Oh Mitch, God of all commentators, how about the one that won it all?

The Super Shot of the Match is slowly become the Super Slop of the Match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

landshark77
01-07-2005, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DavidMorris:</font><hr> I agree, I'm seeing this a lot lately. It's like the ESPN crew is too lazy to go back and find a nice shot unless it's just a spectacular one. What bugs me even more than the "fluke" shots are the Super Shots that are basically a one foot straight in 9 ball shot to win the game/match. It's just like almost every 9 ball shot in the game, sure it may have won the match, but by itself it's not a super shot! Can't they come up with even a simple bank or a tough cut out of all of the shots played? <hr /></blockquote>

Or even position play...like Melissa did in the FL tourney...drew the cb plack the whole length of the table to get position on the 3. (I think?) If I recall correctly, she made it. But even if she didn't, that was a sweet draw that was perfectly and intentionally executed.

catscradle
01-07-2005, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> ... I see this all the time and it just bugs me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I concur.

KGeeED
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
The worst is a 9 ball on the break.