PDA

View Full Version : No live Derby City

Pelican
01-07-2005, 01:36 PM
I contacted the Billiards Club Network today to find out when we could sign up for the DCC broadcast. Was advised there will not be a live broadcast. At a later date you will be able to purchase matches/events you want to see. I think this sucks. I know they had some tech problems but I think is/was a great value. In fact, I think it was under priced at 9.95. I expected the price to go up this year as a live broadcast feed is quite expensive. I would pay 50 bucks if they would offer the programing live. I just hate watching something later knowing the outcome.

JMO, Pel

stroker6626
01-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I just talked to Rob on the phone and he explained to me that there was too many problems last year, but you'll be able to watch the matches 6 hours after the actual playtime and be able to watch it for a three day period, or something to that effect, hope that helps.

JimS
01-08-2005, 06:36 AM
That is BAD news. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I had planned on watching as I loved it last year and I too would have been willing to spend $50 to watch unlimited matches like it was last year. I'm bummed.

PQQLK9
01-08-2005, 07:42 AM
my sentiments exactly ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

thecardman
01-08-2005, 01:57 PM
That is a real pity. I too was looking forward to watching the DCC live (even if it was only matches that took place in the afternoon/early evening Kentucky time!).

In saying all that, though, at least we will get it delayed. It is better than nothing, after all.

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nostroke
01-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Im afraid this is bad news. They have to know that live matches will be at least triple the draw of delayed matches yet delayed it is. Doesnt portend well for the future of live Internet broadcasts if a full year later, they still cant get it right at a reasonable cost. Like the rest of you, I'd easily pay double for the live matches. Wont pay for delayed matches at all unless i hear that they were incredible.

Pelican
01-08-2005, 08:53 PM
I will buy the Bank Ring Game to see my compadre, Grady Mathews, in action against some of the top bankers. I'd also buy the 10 Ball Ring, got to be some good stuff there. Otherwise I agree with Nostroke, I would have to know ahead that it was a great match or I'll wait and buy tapes off ebay /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Later, Pel

JimS
01-09-2005, 07:27 AM
I won't buy old stuff....only the live. I'm out. I think they blew a chance to make some bucks.

Nostroke
01-09-2005, 08:30 PM
They probably didnt blow chance to make bucks unfortunately. Its just sad as usual that there just isnt enough money in it for them. We rabid and few fans just aren't enough. If the payoff was there, they'd broadcast production doesnt look all that costly. Just looks like a couple of guys with webcams. OH well.