PDA

View Full Version : Rule for crooked racks?

Alex_Delodge
01-07-2005, 01:52 PM
I play a fair amount of straight pool and a bit of pocket a piece. Course I check the rack for straightness. I was curious if anyone could tell me whether there is a rule in the official rules for when the rack is racked crooked either intentionally or on purpose? Course, in this case this guy racks crooked on purpose all the time. Doesn't have to be a rule that covers this exactly, but one which can be invoked which is relevant to this conduct, like unsportsmanlike conduct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob_Jewett
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alex_Delodge:</font><hr>... Doesn't have to be a rule that covers this exactly, but one which can be invoked which is relevant to this conduct, like unsportsmanlike conduct.
<hr /></blockquote>
The rules require a line to be drawn on the cloth around the triangle. This will make it much easier for you to say, "That's not straight." Some rooms are unwilling to have the line drawn, even if you do it.

Troy
01-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Or a short line centered from the spot to the end rail.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr>
The rules require a line to be drawn on the cloth around the triangle. This will make it much easier for you to say, "That's not straight." Some rooms are unwilling to have the line drawn, even if you do it. <hr /></blockquote>

Chopstick
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
A line from the spot to the end rail is more common I think. Since you also use that line to spot balls.

ceebee
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
when you angle the rack, it makes things difficult.

In One Pocket, depending on which way you angle the rack, you can possibly make a ball go towards your hole or knock too many toward your opponents hole.

In 9 Ball, the wing ball will probably carom into the long rail, while the opposite wing ball heads for the foot rail.

The ANGLED RACK is cheating the breaker, sometimes on purpose.

Harold Acosta
01-07-2005, 11:17 PM
If you notice that the rack is crooked, ask your opponent to re-rack. Check it until you are satisfied. Do it as many times as possible and he/she will either quit, let you rack, or rack the pretty babies like he/she is supposed to.