PDA

View Full Version : Burn Center Benefit

CarolNYC
01-09-2005, 03:08 AM
http://www.nyffburncenter.com/

On Saturday,January 22nd at 1:00 pm, I am doing a pro-am benefit for the NY Firefighter Burn Center Foundation (Cornell-NY Presbyterian)
The WPBA pros are Dawn (Hopkins) Kim (Shaw) Tiffany (Nelson) Romana (Dokovic) ME and also Tony (Robles) and Allen (Hopkins)and hopefully, a few others I am waiting to hear from!
I have never done anything like this and Dawn has helped me coordinate it tremendously,I dont know what I wouldve done without her /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif-at this time, we've already raised a couple of thousand from local establishments,tons of food,gift certficates,etc.there'll be raffles, 50/50 and so on!
The players who are coming, are participating from their hearts and I cannot thank them enough!
I've attached the website, if anyone wants to check out what the fund is all about!
I would also like to thank Jerry Eick BLACKHEART, for sending me a cue to raffle and MIKE-cueball 1950 for sending me a cue-you guys are the best!
And LARRY from Inside Pool will be our "Press!" Thank you Larry and thank you Inside Pool!
I didnt have much time to put this together,since Dec 5th when I returned from Florida, but as I was corresponding with the benefit people,lo and behold, on the 6 o'clock news, 3 firemen from Bed-Stuy were burnt and sent to Cornell,well, my brother was one of them-they're all okay,though!Im glad I dye my hair cause I think its grey
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
So, anyone in the tristate area who would like to come, please contact:
House of Biliards
308 Front Street
Staten Island,NY
718-273-8800
The place is small,full bar,only 12 GC's, so keep your fingers crossed!
Hope some of you can make it!It'll be a day of fun!
Stay well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ~all monies collected will be donated! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
01-09-2005, 06:28 AM
Good deeds get noticed.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
01-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks Vagabond!
I hope so!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BLACKHEART
01-09-2005, 09:51 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifI knew she couldn't be all bad. HAHA...JER
P.S. GIRL, GET YOUR BEST GAME ON FOR MARCH, CAUSE I'M COMIN' TO WOOP ON YOU...JER

SPetty
01-09-2005, 10:52 AM
If you can't attend but want to make a donation, there's a PayPal link at the site that Carol linked to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just thought I'd mention it.

CarolNYC
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Spetty,
Your the best!
God, I can't wait to see you!
Thank you!

CarolNYC
01-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Ha Ha Ha,
Okay, I'll try my best! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol

dg-in-centralpa
01-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Good Luck Carol!

DG - see you in March

Barbara
01-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Yo Woman!!

I've got a package going out to you tomorrow!! There are two bags in it!! Maybe you could use one as a sampler and raffle off the other one! Or break them down into smaller baggies and raffle them all off!

Have fun!!

Barbara

CarolNYC
01-10-2005, 03:04 AM
OR..............,
Just keep them myself,ha ha ha-only kidding!

Thanks Barb!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
01-10-2005, 03:19 AM
Thanks Duane,
Im looking forward to our dinnerdate /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I would just like to clarify one thing here-this NYFFBF not only helps the burn center, but sets up camps for children who are burn victims-children dont only get burnt in fires, they also get burnt by "mentally ill" people with scalding water,irons or cigarettes,in other words, abused-so, we'll help! Thats all!
And lets not forget the Tsunami relief!

On a lighter note, I'll challenge Tony to straight pool,so I better start practicing RACKING! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take care all,
Carol

DickLeonard
01-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Carol of all the important things I could tell you about pool it is what you're doing now. Pro-Golfers learned 60 years ago, if you run your events for Charity, you develop a base of volunteers to run your tournaments,you get the best publicity,most people involved are the movers and shakers of this World.

I read where the Pro-Golfers have raised 900 million dollars for charity while making 3 billion for themselves.

Just copy Pro Golf and Great things will happen for Pool and yourself.
Dick

cueball1950
01-10-2005, 01:23 PM
your package was mailed this morning. My pleasure....mike

CarolNYC
01-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Dick,
You have shared so many important things with me about pool and I respect you so much and NOW, you have really touched my heart by saying these words-I can't thank you enough-just your support is priceless-and if I was talking to you in person, I'd hug you and say'May God watch over you each and everyday!"
Thank you!
Carol~feeling pretty blessed right now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
01-10-2005, 02:13 PM
And here he is Ladies and Gentlemen,
My sweetheart! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Your killing me Mike-love ya to death!

Carol~hugging,hugging............................. .forever!

dg-in-centralpa
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm counting the days 'til March.
Duane

CarolNYC
01-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Hey Dick,
Your right!
[ QUOTE ]
if you run your events for Charity, you develop a base of volunteers to run your tournaments,you get the best publicity <hr /></blockquote>

I just receieved a fax with over 40 names of business owners who have donated monies-the 12 tables are sold and people are asking "what can I do!"The local newspaper just wants to know "what time" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Who knows, maybe doing pool charities will become contagious,if we all "POOL" together! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol~hopes we can all make a difference! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
01-11-2005, 03:35 AM
65,64,63,62.................ha ha ha
See ya there,Duane!
Have a great day!
Carol~good things come to those who wait! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostalgia
01-11-2005, 08:51 AM
I grew up playing pool on Staten Island! Being from Tottenville, I never even knew there was a pool hall on Front Street. ALthough I used to go to "The Wave" on Wave St. in high school /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I see that 100 tickets will be sold, and there are 40 players max. Can anyone play with the pros? I've never seen an event like this, so I don't know how it should work. Is the ticket price just a donation? Is there a guideline for donations?

Thanks,

-Joe

CarolNYC
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey,
How are you? I live in Huguenot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Remember the "Wave" club, well right past ,it to the right, is the poolhall-it use to be a very small poolhall with only 4 tables and a poker room in back, but the new owners bought it and expanded-its nice!
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone play with the pros?<hr /></blockquote>

Yes,but we can only do five man teams at a time!

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen an event like this <hr /></blockquote>

Thats exactly why Im doing it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is the ticket price just a donation? <hr /></blockquote>
Yes, just in case you are not interested in playing the pro am, there will be tons of food,raffles,etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a guideline for donations?
<hr /></blockquote>
No, donate whatever you want!

Pm me, I may know you!
Thanks for the interest!

larrynj1
01-14-2005, 04:58 PM
yop for carol. see you there!

Rod
01-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Good luck with the benefit Carol, what a wonderful cause. I'm sure it will turn out just great. I mean your the director, so no problem. Sadly I can't attend, a bit to far. You know I'm thinking when your a grandma, we still won't know what color your hair is. LOL

Rod

CarolNYC
01-15-2005, 04:59 AM
Thank you Rod!

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly I can't attend <hr /></blockquote>
I understand-sadly I can't be in Arizona with you /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Its very brrrrrrrrr...here!

[ QUOTE ]
when your a grandma, we still won't know what color your hair is. LOL
<hr /></blockquote>
YEP and lets keep our fingers crossed that "grandma" will not happen for at least 8 more years!

Take care Rod!

CarolNYC
01-15-2005, 05:10 AM
Larry,
Gina-Kim Lipsky-a good friend,good player,moving up on the Pro tour!
Steve Lipsky,who we all know and who I personally LOVE to watch and call the "NY SOUTHPAW!"
Nick Schulman-another favorite of mine,I call the "heat seeking missile shotmaker!"
Karen Armstrong-was the Delaware,Virginia and Maryland State Champion a few years back!

All will be joining us!
I am grateful to them!Thanks Guys!

See ya soon,Larry!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
01-15-2005, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>
when your a grandma, we still won't know what color your hair is. LOL
<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>YEP and lets keep our fingers crossed that "grandma" will not happen for at least 8 more years!
<hr /></blockquote>
I know what color Carol's hair is.

It's purple. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BLACKHEART
01-15-2005, 05:53 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifAGAIN??????????...JER

CarolNYC
01-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Nope!!!!!!!!!!-blue-black /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
01-15-2005, 12:04 PM
JENNIFER BARETTA is joining us!

Unbelievable-I am just so happy and grateful!

Rich R.
01-16-2005, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Nope!!!!!!!!!!-blue-black /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Sorry, my mistake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I just can't keep up with the changes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif