PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Ups And Game Excelleration

Sid_Vicious
01-10-2005, 04:25 AM
Ok I promise to only generalize with this...have you noticed that when you are truly happy, say like the warm fuzzies after you know what, that your pool game is easy? Then have you noticed that when life goes to sh$t that the mental down takes even your basics and hoses them all to heck? Life is an ironic game in itself, because our inate nature is to bond with a significant other for a wholeness in life, and yet that "test" in itself is deadly for our chosen sport, billiards. It makes me wonder whether our mistress of pool should be the only relationship yet there is always that human need for completeness, hence the dilemma continues. Thoughts???sid

yegon
01-10-2005, 05:00 AM
I still do have fun playning even if I am in stress personally and my game is not at its best.

I am not too concerned about loosing though (in fact I do loose a lot as I am just a beginner). It is possible that I would not be that happy about just playing regardless of the outcome if my game would be great under normal circumstances. I will see (hopefully) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-10-2005, 05:17 AM
I'm different, if I'm mentally and emotionaly f'd up, I only do myself damage when I play, at least the friendly play, and also the practice sessions. I went to the PH a few weeks back, played for an hour(I usually hit the place for a minumum of 4 hours), won my sets against a friendly guy I'm supposed to beat anyway, and yet I was way off my game, so I packed it in and went home after a short hour. The way I figure it, if you aren't in tune with fun in any sense of the word you will create a detriment to your current abilities by "sticking it out", at least that's my personal feelings on the matter. I honestly feel that I would have developed both more grief and deteriated my confidence and game if I'd stayed and tried to enter the happy zone. Losing ain't my cup of tea, but winning by playing ugly and lucky does me no good either. Maybe just me...sid

SpiderMan
01-10-2005, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Ok I promise to only generalize with this...have you noticed that when you are truly happy, say like the warm fuzzies after you know what, that your pool game is easy? <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, if it's too soon after, my legs feel shaky and I need to replenish fluids /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think the legs thing is the reason boxing coaches used to have their fighters abstain on fight day. I remember a quote from a boxing movie "women weaken legs".

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>
Then have you noticed that when life goes to sh$t that the mental down takes even your basics and hoses them all to heck? Life is an ironic game in itself, because our inate nature is to bond with a significant other for a wholeness in life, and yet that "test" in itself is deadly for our chosen sport, billiards. It makes me wonder whether our mistress of pool should be the only relationship yet there is always that human need for completeness, hence the dilemma continues. Thoughts???sid <hr /></blockquote>

A poolplayer without a girlfriend ... happy, but homeless /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan