PDA

View Full Version : To all unregistered/anonymous readers

bomber
01-10-2005, 11:21 AM
please take two minutes and register a screen name and login name and post with us. the more people we have the better off it is. There are a ton of people who use this board and a bunch of them are nonregistered. I am offering you an invite right here and now. If ya sign up today...post a message on this thread introducing yourself.

SPetty
01-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Howdy bomber,

I suspect you're talking to those folks who show up at the bottom when it says something like "There are 12 registered users and 13 anonymous users on the board".

I suspect that most of the anonymous users being shown are really just registered users who haven't logged in (yet). There's probably not as many lurkers as that statistic would lead you to believe.

Just a hunch.

DavidMorris
01-10-2005, 12:10 PM
And as far as I know, you can't post anything as anonymous, you can only browse. I'm sure there are large numbers of people who wind up here, drawn by a Google search or maybe just to lurk, who have no interest in posting or engaging in conversation.

bomber
01-10-2005, 12:11 PM
i dont know...i lurked for a long time before i signed up. most computers will save your password for ya. you may be right though. who knows?

bomber
01-10-2005, 12:12 PM
i understand that david....i was just trying to get a few to sign up. im not a moron.

DavidMorris
01-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Also, rumors have it that many pro's silently watch the goings-on here and at AZB. Not all have the guts or desire to register and participate like Keith or Melissa or Sarah or Carol, because they often get ripped apart by us "fans."

Popcorn
01-10-2005, 12:15 PM
A little sensitive

DavidMorris
01-10-2005, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr> i understand that david....i was just trying to get a few to sign up. im not a moron. <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry, wasn't implying that you were a moron. Your post title said "anonymous posters" when there aren't any. So I didn't know that you were aware of that.

Ives
01-10-2005, 12:21 PM
I thought ive seen anonymous posts before, usually spammers. Not sure how its done though.

bomber
01-10-2005, 12:21 PM
not really popcorn...i was trying to reach out to some of the non posters....in the meantime, david replies to a post meant for anonymous users to show how smart he is about the board. who gives a crap. people wonder why there are so many arguements on here.

bomber
01-10-2005, 12:24 PM
there ya go david...i changed it from readers to posters. thank you for pointing out dumb i was. thanks to you vast computer knowledge and lawyer-like sense for the english language, i feel the post is perfect. i hope you approve. lol

DavidMorris
01-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Comments edited out by poster. Taken to PM...

bomber
01-10-2005, 12:26 PM
perfectionists who try to find reasons to post for no reason are my problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DavidMorris
01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Comments edited out by poster. Taken to PM...

SPetty
01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ives:</font><hr> I thought ive seen anonymous posts before, usually spammers. Not sure how its done though. <hr /></blockquote>Ives, anonymous posts are still allowed on the suggestions and/or newbies forums.

bomber
01-10-2005, 12:28 PM
my point exactly

bomber
01-10-2005, 12:34 PM
here is the point: i was trying to be nice and get some people to sign up who may have never thought about it before. you know, to make our board better. instead, one of the first posts is you telling me what was wrong with my post. its bullshit. i was trying to be nice and help us all by getting more people interested. you had no buisness even posting on it. are you anonymous or unregistered....no. therefore the post wasnt for you and it sure wasnt a place for you to try and look smart. i get sick and tired of listening to that kind of know it all garbage, whether it is said nice or not, EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knew what the post meant.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-10-2005, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr> .. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knew what the post meant. <hr /></blockquote>

I knew what it meant. But then again David did not actually accuse you of being a moron. You used that word.

Don't be so sensitive. It's no big deal.

Everybody repeat after me

"It's just a stupid message board"

cheesemouse
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Bomber,

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I knew what you meant and you're just a big sweety pie for being so conciderate of all the lurkers who never register...now they can have a nice little chuckle right along with us nutcase members.......

COME ON YOU ANONS...the first one who steps up gets a great big sloppy kiss from Bomber......just having fum... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sometimes you just can't win.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Once in a while, I'm an anonymous lurker. Only if I have a few spare minutes at work and the boss isn't around. I check to see what's going on.

DG

DebraLiStarr
01-11-2005, 11:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr> perfectionists who try to find reasons to post for no reason are my problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Bomber,
I lurk and just read. I have a reputation of being a little bit too honest at times, I wrote some things I shouldn't have, then one day I decided to keep my mouth shut. Most of the arguments I have had have been really stupid, kind of like this entire thread. I don't read everything on here, just stuff that looks interesting. The posts you don't find interesting or useful might be useful to somebody else. If somebody is being an ass to you, take it off the board. I learned that after being branded a troublemaker which was not my intention, but it was how I was received. Just chill out and don't take it all too personal. Take it from me, if you are perceived as oversensitive, there will be people that will play with that at every available opportunity. Many people that remain anonymous have their reasons. I choose to be a fly on the wall, but today...I'm just a perfectionist that found another reason to post for no reason.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Now I will crawl back under my rock.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jjinfla
01-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Bomber you are here a few months and you are trying to run the board.

First of all, this non-pool related post does not belong here, it belongs in the non-pool related posts.

Second, it is impossible to prove a negative.

Third, I, like many other people, don't immediately sign in but check the posts first. Nothing interesting, I leave.

Jake

DavidMorris
01-12-2005, 06:38 AM
I would just chime in here and say that bomber and I have discussed and settled this amicably via PM. No need to keep the heat turned up on either of us in this thread.

Perk
01-12-2005, 07:29 AM
I log in sometimes anonomously when I only have a few minutes to check some threads, and I want to keep my messages highlighted next time I return logged in.

joninnorfolk
01-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Well, I understood what you meant and went ahead and registered. Pretty painless process really. I have been following this, AZB, and Insidepool's forums for sometime, but have never posted before, just quietly getting some tips and advice.

SpiderMan
01-12-2005, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DavidMorris:</font><hr> And as far as I know, you can't post anything as anonymous, you can only browse. I'm sure there are large numbers of people who wind up here, drawn by a Google search or maybe just to lurk, who have no interest in posting or engaging in conversation. <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know about this forum, but on the "newbies" forum there are a number of anon postings. This, despite the fact that there is a promininet message from admin that you must be registered to post in that forum. Go figure.

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
norfolk, va <hr /></blockquote>

Howdy.

Do you ever attend the US Open?

joninnorfolk
01-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I was there in 2003, but not this past year. The Navy keeps me away from home a bit of the time, but I plan on attending this year if I'm local.

cdoo932
01-13-2005, 06:39 AM
I read the post and signed up.I'm a road construction worker from upstate NY with winters off.I have a bar/pool room in my basement and am trying to get better at this game. Here are some pics.
http://community.webshots.com/album/250122488NabqRx

Wally_in_Cincy
01-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Room looks nice. I like the tv behind the bar. Is that a flat screen?

Chopstick
01-13-2005, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>
I learned that after being branded a troublemaker which was not my intention...

<font color="blue">Why not? It makes better reading. Come on back. I can't do it all myself. </font color>

Take it from me, if you are perceived as oversensitive, there will be people that will play with that at every available opportunity.

<font color="blue">Well what's the use of having people around if you can't play with 'em. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
01-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Nice place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You really should to something to get rid of that free loader, at the bar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tactics
01-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I've been telling myself I should register, as I've been lurking for long enough now. But the picture passed out at the bar convinced me. That looks nearly exactly like me, hair and everything! I even have the same jeans on right now. Now I know what I'd look like if I ever pass out in upstate NY.

cdoo932
01-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Wally in Ciny-Yea,that is a Sharp Aquos 20inch LCD.I watch alot of football sitting at the bar this time of year. The pic of me passed out is at 2am in the morning.My friends left and when I didnt come to bed my wife came down to see where I was and found me like that.She took a pic and left me there. Any one ever up my way stop in at The Red Zone.Drinks on me.
Steve

lollavid
01-15-2005, 11:40 AM
from one who is guilty of lurking...

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif