PDA

View Full Version : Book recommendation

superstroke
01-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Pool players edge by Gerry Kanov and Sherri something, anyhow I just got this book a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. This book mentions certain subtle things that I've never read in other books. I think its a must read like most of the Capelle books.

Tom_In_Cincy
01-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the introduction...

Would you care to share just a little tid-bit of those "certain subtle things "..

Thanks

Chris Cass
01-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Shari is daughter to Harold Simensen the owner of P&B Mag. Jerry has been with Harold since the 90's.Jerry is a very good pool player with many yrs of experience. Sheri is not but has played. I'm sure the book will benifit you as I know Jerry would only put out information worth reading. I think Sheri' last name is Statch but I know I'm not correct. She's the secretary in the business.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ..Jerry is a very good pool player with many yrs of experience. Sheri is not but has played. ...<hr /></blockquote>

I think Shari Stauch played in the WPBA previously.

Chris Cass
01-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi Wally,

That sounds good to me. I know the whole family of Simensen' (sp) are gifted. The young man who's probably in his late 20' is an artist and Eric who's in his late 30' is extremely gifted in the engineering side of things. He's an excellent robotics engineer without the degree. I think he could work for Hollywood easily in their FX department.

The daughter I know personally whom I believe is still married to the Texas pool champion Roger Grifus (sp?) is also very smart. Geez, the whole family is talented in many different areas.

Regards,

C.C.~~don't doubt Sheri has been shooting in the WPBA. The mag covers all the pool events but the mag has changed into more of a industry thing but still devotes about 7 pages to pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif