PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for cases for extra long cues

Studebaker_Hawk
01-11-2005, 02:45 PM
I've been trying to research hard cases that will fit my cue (it is 32" a piece broken down w/joint protectors)

It should fit in a Talisman (don't want to spend that much) and I have seen that Porper can make an extra long. I am leaning towards the Porper, but It is only avaiable in vinyl (was hoping for leather) Any advice and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

JohnnyP
01-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I have a case on order from Triangle Billiards for a 62" (31+31) cue. I think they are made by someone local. Call and talk to Woodie.

Triangle Billiards
750 E. Katella Ave
Orange, CA 92867
(800) 544-2727
(714) 771-5380

tateuts
01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I had Huebler make me up an old type,luggage-style case for an extra long cue. It's quite nice. It was $150 for a 1 butt, 2 shaft with an extra compartment - it took 10 days. The interior is molded to fit a cue, so it's both strong and snug. This was for black vinyl (with white stitches, looks and feels just like leather) with locking latch locks. The leather ones are a lot more, but the vinyl is pretty tough stuff - just fine.

Chris

Pizza Bob
01-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Stude:
If it is a true 32", w/joint protectors, these Porpers will JUST fit. Here's the link...

http://www.porper.com/index.cfm/fuseAction/Catalog.Category/categoryID/11.cfm?CFID=1212909&CFTOKEN=2360ec6da2401a65-5B59E16B-20ED-7D0A-C072713B00F020DB

I checked them out at VF last year. My shafts are 32" because they have a 3C type joint (wooden pin on the shaft). Not leather, but the Cordura cases are very nice and well made. Since the fit is so close you may want to find and try it before ordering. VF is coming up.

Love the handle - nothing like any stude w/an R-2.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

BTW, Welcome to the board

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2005, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> ...Love the handle - nothing like any stude w/an R-2.<hr /></blockquote>

Studebaker Hawk was a charachter in the Frank Zappa epic song "Billy the Mountain" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was LMAO when I saw the handle

adios Pizza Bob

Pizza Bob
01-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Wally, there are unplumbed depths to you. My answer reflected a typical gearhead's POV, while I'm sure yours is the true meaning of his monniker. Color my face red...especially considering that FZ and the Mothers were of my generation. Thanks for the heads-up.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2005, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> Wally, there are unplumbed depths to you. <hr /></blockquote>

Actually not. I am simply the keeper of useless knowledge. I would challenge any CCBer to a game of Trivial Pursuit but I am afraid someone in this crowd might give me my comeuppance.

Studebaker_Hawk
01-12-2005, 09:00 AM
. . .just call me "The guy with the flys"

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2005, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Studebaker_Hawk:</font><hr> . . .just call me "The guy with the flys" <hr /></blockquote>

and honey?

[ QUOTE ]
If they think they're gonna draft me, they're crazy <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Local radio station WEBN had a pay-for-play weekend for charity, $50 for a song, $200 for an album side. Somebody paid $200 to hear Billy the Mountain and they played it...unedited /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That was a couple of years ago, before the FCC went ballistic.

Qtec
01-12-2005, 09:53 AM
try snooker cue cases.

Q

SPetty
01-12-2005, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Somebody paid $200 to hear Billy the Mountain and they played it...unedited /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif<hr /></blockquote> lyrics to Billy the Mountain (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank-zappa/56748.html)

It seems that this is one of those songs where you had to be there... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2005, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> It seems that this is one of those songs where you had to be there... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

and you had to be stoned /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bomber
01-12-2005, 12:09 PM
I would like to take you up on the Trivial Pursuit game! lol
If you ever make it down to Paducah look me up at Side Pocket Billiards. lol it should be a hootnanny when these two kentucky boys hook up at TP. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pizza Bob
01-12-2005, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> It seems that this is one of those songs where you had to be there... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

and you had to be stoned /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Which pretty much sums up most Mothers of Invention tunes.....not that there's anything wrong with that &lt;g&gt;

Adios,

Pizza Bob&lt;---child of the '60's

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr> ...it should be a hootenanny ... <hr /></blockquote>

Bewlieve it or not I was thinking about that word the other day and the fact that I had not heard it in years and wondering how I could work it into a post /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah ok. Race to 9 in 9-ball and race to 3 in Trivial Pursuit. You're on /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ probly will lose both

Jimmy B
01-12-2005, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Studebaker_Hawk:</font><hr>
It should fit in a Talisman (don't want to spend that much)
Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Don't be cheap.

JB

JimS
01-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Yippee Ti O Kiyaaaa! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

catscradle
01-13-2005, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr> ... lol it should be a hootnanny when these two kentucky boys hook up at TP. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

In a poolroom no less, first poker takes over the pool rooms, now Trivial Pursuit. Maybe that will be the next "sport" on ESPN. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif