PDA

View Full Version : 7' Valley Tiger home table.

mworkman
01-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Mueller's is selling this table for 1695.00 plus shipping. Has anyone bought one of these? I'm thinking of getting one as 7' Valley's are what we shoot on in league. Just wondering if they are of the same quality..

Thanks, Mark

Pelican
01-12-2005, 01:04 PM
If you will shop around you can pick up a used Valley barbox for less than a grand. Might need covering but that is not that bad. I had mine done with Simonis 760 including regluing the rails for $350. Then you have the 'real' thing to practice. Set it up to take one quarter and it becomes a mini savings account. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later, Pel

WaltVA
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Pel has it right - check with your local amusement company. I got a used Valley barbox (without the coin mechanism),set up and recovered in Simonis for about $600, kept if for several years (wife wanted the room for something else) and sold it for the same amount.

Tables with functioning coin-op mechanisms go a LOT higher around here, as the amusement companies see it as possible competition. But with the coin mechanism out, many will sell you one at a reasonable price.

Walt in VA

mworkman
01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
The problem is the locals are asking alot. They have 2 dynamos for $900 and $1100 and no Valleys. I'm just thinking that if I have to spend that much for used, I might as well buy new.

I used to have an old Irving Kaye that I had bought for $600. about 7-8 years ago. I should of held onto that one.

Rich R.
01-13-2005, 04:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> I'm just thinking that if I have to spend that much for used, I might as well buy new. <hr /></blockquote>
Since the price you quoted was $1695 plus shipping, you may want to check out what the cost of shipping would be. This could increase the price of the table dramatically.
Shopping locally may be a better option, whether buying new or used.

LARRY_BOY
01-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Buy the new table. You get new cloth, new slate, and new rails. The only thing you loose is all of the excuses as to why you missed a shot!

I'd rather be lucky than good......

Flyin-Q
01-13-2005, 07:32 AM
I spent $1000 on a used valley bar box a couple of years ago for my home. It is what all the local tournaments and leagues are played on around here. Just make sure the table is sound before you buy it and you can't go wrong IMHO. Yea it would be nice to have new table or a big GC. But I believe it has been very good to my game to be able to practice on exactly what I play on when it counts. I have also heard the quality of the old valleys is better than what they are putting out now especially if you go to the residential models. Again this is what I have heard and don't know if it is 100% true.

good luck Jake

cheesemouse
01-13-2005, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> The problem is the locals are asking alot. They have 2 dynamos for $900 and $1100 and no Valleys. I'm just thinking that if I have to spend that much for used, I might as well buy new.

I used to have an old Irving Kaye that I had bought for $600. about 7-8 years ago. I should of held onto that one.
<hr /></blockquote>

mworkman,

WARNING WARNING....I would go with the new and make sure it was new from the factory. Now here is why I said "WARNING". The local vendors who supply tables to bars and such have the business practice of 'trading out rails' when they recover their fleet of tables. They have extra rails in the shop ready to go with the new cloth that they are using at the time. When they have to recover a table in a bar location they just bring the six extra rails with them and 'trade them out'. They can be in and out in less than an hour doing it this way....Having adopted this efficient businees pracitice the end result is the rails that come with a new table from the factory rarely stay with the table beyound the first recovering.

Now suppose you have a new, from the factory table in your house, and you decide to have it recovered. You logically decide to use the local vendor to have the job done. What you end up with is a brand new table with a mismatched set of rails. One rali maybe two years old, one maybe five years old, and you can see where I'm going here......LOL. The end result is they end up with your new rails and you end up with whatever. They don't care, it is just an efficient way to do business to them. I know this is getting long winded but I thought I would give you some 'inside baseball' information about how most Valley vendors opporate...this is one of the reasons why Valley tables are so inconsistant in their play......ALL THE RAILS ARE DIFFERENT AGES. It is very hard to protect against this practice. You veritually have to watch them recover your factory rails and make sure they stay with your table....Whew, I'm glad I got that out......sorry if this come off confusing....LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mworkman
01-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I had it all rationalized that I was going to buy the new table. After talking it over with my wife /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif She convinced my to buy used.. I ended up buying the $900. Dynamo. I can always purchase new rails from Mueller's for $150.00 if need be. I wish my wife loved to play as much as me, then she would of wanted the new one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
01-14-2005, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> I ended up buying the $900. Dynamo.<hr /></blockquote>Congratulations! This is a good thing. You will quickly learn that it's better than nothing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesemouse
01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
mworkman,

I agree with Spetty. Any table is better than no table. Having a table in you home will give you that warm fuzzy feeling over and over...

Here's another WARNING: don't try and give instruction to your wife....period... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif