PDA

View Full Version : log-in to Yahoo NBA fantasy... invalid password

freethought201
01-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I may have found the right place! I hope so. I changed my password and now yahoo will not let me log-in with the new password. I called them in Canada and they asked for my birthdate, but I cannot remember what I put down... not my own. Relatedly, I looked at your delete cookie advice and there does exist a cookie called anyuser@www.yahoo.com. Should I delete that? I just want to be sure because my wife uses messenger and mail and it is her computer (I am anyuser). All I wish to do is play fantasy NBA and if anyone can help with this one... you are king of the mountain of all time.

highsea
01-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Deleting cookies will not affect authentication information stored on a server. All it will do is force a login on the next visit. Most servers have a "forgot your password?" function, where they will send a new password to the email address that was registered with the account. If you can't do this, you will need to register a new account with Yahoo. The site administrators will not be able to retrieve your password for you. The most they could do is to assign a new one.

freethought201
01-13-2005, 09:16 PM
I guess I just cannot figure out why they would issue me a new password and then it does not work. I get "invalid information" in trying to get another password. I have tried many combinations just in case I made a mistake logging in the password I have, but no luck... I did do one thing though... right after changing it or close to that, I deleted temp files as I often do. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

freethought201
01-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Sorry for posting on the wrong board... gosh, things just haven't been going great these days.

highsea
01-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Lol, be sure you are trying to log in to the right forum. haha.

Usually when you do a "lost password" routine, you have to click a link on the email that activates the new password. Until you do that, the new password won't work.

Deleting temp files and cookies will have no effect, since they only store settings and call up the login process automatically. The cookie doesn't actually contain your password, since it resides in the .pwl file on your local machine. The cookie just calls it up from the .pwl and automates the login. That's why switching computers forces you to log in again.

My suggestion is to just go through the lost password process again, and click the activation link in the email they will send you. After you have successfully logged in, then change your password, and log out and back in to test it.