PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Solitaire

Barbara
01-14-2005, 09:44 AM
I used to think that the highest score you could achieve with Microsoft Solitaire using standard scoring and drawing three cards at a time was 730 points. But just the other day I got a 745 score. So this makes me wonder what the highest score is.

What's your high score?

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Now we know what you do all day at work.lol Is this for one game or a series of games?

DG - I play at work when I get chance

wolfdancer
01-14-2005, 02:45 PM
As Satchel Paige once said "If you stop to play solitaire, they be gaining on you"
Are they hiring at your place of work? I know nothing about IT, but I can really play solitaire...especially "free cell"

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2005, 02:45 PM
I just tried it your way and I'll have to play it more often. Personally I play the Vegas style and draw three cards. You can only go thru the deck three times. The points accumulate or decrease thru the games.

DG

Barbara
01-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Duane,

Noooooo, you get me wrong, Bud! I only play during my "lunch hour"...

Barbara~~~honest...

Barbara
01-14-2005, 03:43 PM
jd,

I never understood how to play Freecell.

Now Midnight Oil - that's a game!!

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Suuuure....my "lunch hour" goes all day, whenever I can sneak a game in. I love Free Cell, kind of like solitaire with more thinking.

DG

SPetty
01-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Wow, I don't play that game, but LeRoy's highest is 740, but that's one card a a time flipping. I don't know if the score is different because of that.

FreeCell rocks!

Dagwood
01-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Barbra, I think I've figured out what the deal is. If you finished your game with an ace on the board still, (that is it hasn't been placed up with the other aces, you get extra points. Not sure how many are possible, but I'm guessing it's somewhere in the range of 10 pts per ace down on the board...

Not posative if this is it, but pretty sure. Some of the video crack machines that I play use this scoring structure as well.

take care....

Dags