PDA

View Full Version : 14.1 question

Ives
01-14-2005, 01:07 PM
hey all, just wondering, can you lay the actual rack on the table to see which balls are outside and which are inside the racking area during a game or would this be considered a rule violation?

Tom_In_Cincy
01-14-2005, 01:11 PM
In an un-ref'd game, yes it is legal to use the rack to make the measurements.

Some pool room have the outline of a rack marked on the table and a straight line from the spot to the end rail for spotting balls.

Brick_Top
01-14-2005, 02:34 PM
In general, you are not supposed to do this. There should be an outline of the rack drawn on the table. If there is not, I think that it's okay, as long as you ask your opponent first.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-15-2005, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ives:</font><hr> hey all, just wondering, can you lay the actual rack on the table to see which balls are outside and which are inside the racking area during a game or would this be considered a rule violation? <hr /></blockquote>

from the BCA rules

<font color="red">the triangle may be employed to ascertain whether a ball is in the rack when a match is unofficiated and the table has not been pencil marked around the triangle area. </font color>

Tom was right.

Ives
01-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks Wally, guess I should just read the rules now and then instead of posting up here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-15-2005, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ives:</font><hr> Thanks Wally, guess I should just read the rules now and then instead of posting up here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Actually it was not even under the 14.1 rules. It was under the general rules of pocket billiards, so you may not have been able to find it anyway.