PDA

View Full Version : Arrrgghhhh....Olhausen Dealer Headache

CorpulentCoder
01-14-2005, 01:58 PM
For the past month I have been searching the classifieds like a mad man for that mystical "great deal." Sadly it has not appeared and I have decided to suck it up and just buy new. With that said, I have fallen in love with the Olhausen Champion Pro table. As luck would have it, there are two dealers in my area. So I call up and am told that, as with the Brunswick dealers, they are unable to quote over the phone or through email. I opt for a mailed quote and let me just say, what I recieved blew my socks off. ~$5,000 for a new table?!?!?! Granted this is delivered and setup with some sort of accessory pack but these prices just seem silly. During my many searches through this board (I'm a beginner trying to educate myself) I've encountered quite a few posts of people getting similar tables for around $2,500. What gives? Is this price justified? Is there a way for me to purchase an Olhausen table outside of my area (Tampa,Fl)? I'm seriously considering scrapping the dream of my own table and just giving in to the wife's demand of filling the room with a formal dining set. The horror. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bluey2king
01-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Try ebay if you can wait for the ground shipping you can save Big. I bought a Maple table 4x8. for $1200 including shipping. I paid extra for Simonis 860 and had to pay for a local guy to set it up.
Here is another option Call a local setup guy. When I talked with the guy that setup mine he said Oh yeah lots of times people move and want to sell the table but I would have to store them and find a buyer, and I dont want to that. But in your area put the word to those types, maybe even a realator. just a thought
Bluey2king

JPB
01-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Why don't you go in and introduce yourself and get a real quote from the dealer. Get what accessories you want and get the table set up right. I bet the price gets better when you are actually there. But it is worth some money to have a dealer available. So suck it up and pay a little money, but don't ever sacrifice pool for a fricking dining set or something. 5K for a 9' table of good quality that you like delivered and set up right seems OK to me. Or you can keep looking at adds and then have to move the table and get it set up and all that before your wife gets a dining set. Go immediately to the dealer and buy a table. Now. Today. If you can't afford the table, put it on your wife's credit card. Anything to avoid a dining set. Hell, we have a dining set we have used maybe 5 times since moving into the new house. (and one time was when Scott Lee was over LOL) The pool table gets used more in a week than the dining table does in 2 years. Can I say this again, NO DINING SET!!!!!!! Think of the money you will save later by not having expensive dinner parties with people you don't like. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SPetty
01-14-2005, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> Think of the money you will save later by not having expensive dinner parties with people you don't like. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>Then you can use that money to have pool parties with people you DO like!
(been there, done that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif)