PDA

View Full Version : Dave Syrja....I need your help

wolfdancer
01-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Dave, it all started when I joined the senior center, next door to where I play tournaments. The center has pool tables, and they play partner's 8-ball....1 and 15 in opposite sides, last pocket for the 8. Taking advantage of these rules, these guys are all "locksmith's"...and if you don't hit the 8...loss of game....loss of face
I'd have better luck playing 8 ball, in a bar in NYC...where the rules change from bar to bar, and day to day, I believe.
But being humiliated at 8-ball, ain't my problem...I have lots of experience there.
I used to work, and play pool, with people in their early 20's , even late teens.....and they made me forget how old I was
Now everybody is my age or older, and I'm constantly reminded... and they do "old people" stuff....rummage sales, square dancing classes, Bingo.
I can't sleep at night, I hear voices " B-14, I-27, N-41 ...step, step, clap, turn, shuffle, half-step....." The other nite I yelled "Allemande Right" "Bingo", woke up excitedly, and wet the bed.
Dave, what I need is a bottle of that fine Canadian Whiskey, and a bottle of Seconal, that you Canadians can get at a nice discount....I hear the combination of the two, will solve most any problems.....send them asap...and thanks

Mr Ingrate
01-15-2005, 12:18 PM
You can't handle my help! Just kiddin' Jack. I wouldn't turn down a desparate cry for help. Some time ago RackMup sent a similar desparate plea and I answered it in this post. (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=93453&Forum=All _Forums&Words=real%20men&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Sea rchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=93271&Search= true#Post93453) Unfortunately we hear nothing from Ken anymore. I feel kind of responsible. Did I inadvertantly solve his posting compulsion? I wouldn't want inflict the same cure on you, hence my earlier jesting (but tongue in cheek) remark.

It appears you have some hidden physcological wish to be a senior. Anyone from Florida (God's waiting room) or Victoria (the land of the newly wed and nearly dead) know that you are not a senior until you are 65 and drive 10 mph below the speed limit in the left lane. Jack, you may meet the drivin' requirements, but you are not 65 yet. Get a grip or the next thing you know you'll be usin' fake ID to get the senior's discount.

I'll be 65 on October 17, 2007. I'll come down your way with a couple of 40 ouncers of good old Canadian Rye whiskey and we can celebrate the discount I'll be gettin' at Uncle Willy's buffet.