PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Third no more!

Stretch
01-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Just basking in the glow of takeing home 1st place last night at Frank's in Leesburg. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Real happy to have shaken off the Mr. third handle the boys had jokenly give me for last weeks tournaments. I don't know, just felt real confident and relaxed this time round. You go into a place where you don't know anyone and people are lookin at you funny, thinkin your a hustler or someing and grumbling that your just through town to rob them....whatever. Of course it's not that way. All the players out here are great folks (once they get to know ya) and both Judy and I made some good friends.

Special thanks to Murray Tucker From the board here who invited us out to his house so i could get a tip job done. He not only changed the tip in his cue making shop (very impressive set up and awsome cues by the way) but he reconditioned my very dirty and well worn shaft, applied some sealer, and put his "secret" finish on it. Whoa! Just like new!! Was it the difference last night? Could be!! Old Betsy was doing everything asked of her, and even a few things that surprised even me lol.

Flying home to the snow and ice tomorrow /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif but many many great memories to keep me warm.

I LOVE FLORIDA!!

Stretch ~~tanned and tuned~~ .....or as the players were callin me, the "ice man", i know, that one is already taken, but i like it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
01-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Wat to go Stretch /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith Talent
01-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Nice going, Stretch. That's gotta be great.

Think I know kind of how you felt and hope I can make that sort of post one day ... but I'm Mr. 4th or Mr. 5th lately. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GeraldG
01-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Congratulations, Stretch! Way to play! Feels good, doesn't it?

stickman
01-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Congratulations. It sounded like a good trip. Florida would look good from where you live this time of year. They call me Mr. Third or Fourth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif It depends on how many places pay. If it pays 2 places, I'm third. If it pays 3 places, I'm fourth. I get a free entry on the next tournament for the highest player out of the money. Honestly, I have placed in the money a few times, but I'm still looking for my first 1st place finish.

9 Ball Girl
01-16-2005, 02:01 AM
You go boy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JimS
01-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Atta boy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Terry
01-17-2005, 03:46 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifCongratulations Stretch on the win down south, you're getting back up here just in time for the storm. Will you be coming up to Sydney for the Nick's annual this year? Terry

eg8r
01-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Hey congrats on First. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif My brother now feels like you really were cheating when you played him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He says you are now a 10 when you play him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

mtuckeriii
01-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Congrats on the victory. Must be that magic tip /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Sorry I was not able to come out and play on Friday. It almost slipped my mind that Friday was the wifes b-day plus I had to leave for Vegas on Sat.

ps- Thanks for not telling everybody how bad you thumped me on my own table /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif