PDA

View Full Version : Bcn Derby = Disappointed..Bummed out..Pissed off.

JimS
01-16-2005, 06:15 AM
I want to form a protest movement to let Bcn know that I am upset to the max about their decision to not offer live coverage of the Derby City thing.

I'd have paid $100 to have coverage of maybe 2 or 3 tables available 24/7 with commentators available for feature matches only. The way it is, with NEXT DAY coverage, I'll not spend one cent with Bcn now or for a long time to come.

Last year was wonderful but they can take their next day coverage and shove it.

PQQLK9
01-16-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm on your side. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

iusedtoberich
01-16-2005, 08:46 AM
What's the big deal if there is a one day delay? If you are paying for an internet broadcast, I'd bet you buy pool videos as well. Yet their outcome is already known and they probably come out several months after the match date. I don't have first hand experience with this year's or last year's broadcast, but my understanding was they had some problems last year. That is why they delayed it this year. Would you rather have a shoddy live broadcast or a better day old broadcast? (Assuming of course the day old broadcast WOULD be of better quality)

PQQLK9
01-16-2005, 09:12 AM
The big deal is that I wanted to watch it LIVE. I would also buy the tape when it comes out if I wanted to.

They had a year to get it right. I bought it last year and was satisfied with the product but they did have some problems with the US Open coverage.

peace /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stickman
01-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Maybe the FCC was concerned that someone might say a curse word. The delayed broadcast would allow editting. I know it was considered for Nascar, after the Earnhardt incidence. (chuckle) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I honestly don't know if the FCC regulates this type of broadcast.

PQQLK9
01-16-2005, 10:16 AM
The FCC has no jurisdiction over Internet and Cable , just over the air (broadcast) stuff.

That's why Howard Stern is moving to Cable.

Rip
01-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi Jim,
I'm disappointed we're not able to view the live games this year also.
I remember some people were really pi$$ed last year because of a few technical issues that BcN experienced even at low price they paid.
Oh well,
Rip

Chopstick
01-16-2005, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> I want to form a protest movement to let Bcn know that I am upset to the max about their decision to not offer live coverage of the Derby City thing.

I'd have paid $100 to have coverage of maybe 2 or 3 tables available 24/7 with commentators available for feature matches only. The way it is, with NEXT DAY coverage, I'll not spend one cent with Bcn now or for a long time to come.

Last year was wonderful but they can take their next day coverage and shove it. <hr /></blockquote>

JimS you are right on in your assessment. There is absolutely no reason why they could not have provided live coverage of a major tournament. I looked at the BCN for about five minutes and decided it was crap. The technology is there, their implementation is ridiculous.

stickman
01-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Nick, as I thought about it, I knew that they had no jurisdiction. I enjoyed the broadcast last year, even with the problems. How much was the rebroadcast this year? I'm still broke from Christmas, and didn't even check into it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
01-17-2005, 12:04 AM
I don't know what this year's price is. No mention on the website.

JimS
01-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Jim...the price is $14.95 for the 10 ball ring game and you get to see it THE NEXT FREAKIN DAY. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I say $100, choice of 3 tables, 24/7, w/commentators for "special" matches, ring games, during championship matches etc. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'd have paid it in a hearbeat...to "be there".

eg8r
01-17-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
JimS you are right on in your assessment. There is absolutely no reason why they could not have provided live coverage of a major tournament. <hr /></blockquote> Did anyone bother to ask them why they made the decision?

eg8r

eg8r
01-17-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you rather have a shoddy live broadcast or a better day old broadcast? (Assuming of course the day old broadcast WOULD be of better quality) <hr /></blockquote> It is apparent with the viewers from last year and this year, pool players will complain about anything.

It does not matter what BCn does, people hop on the internet and complain. They tried to do it live and had problems and people complained (even though it was dirt cheap). Now for whatever their reasons they are delaying it a day and people are complaining again. Even if BCn met all their needs, pool players would find a reason to complain.

eg8r

Rich R.
01-17-2005, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> The FCC has no jurisdiction over Internet and Cable , just over the air (broadcast) stuff.

That's why Howard Stern is moving to Cable.
<hr /></blockquote>
A small correction Nick.
Howard Stern is moving to satellite radio, not Cable.

Also, I don't know how true it is, but I heard one discussion of the issue of FCC control and they said that since people are paying for the satellite radio service, the FCC could not censor it. I also heard that the FCC is trying to find a way to legally censor them.

Under the current FCC administration, headed by Michael Powell, son of Colin Powell, we are taking a major step backward. JMHO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PQQLK9
01-17-2005, 09:15 AM
I knew that. These darn senior moments. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif