PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hall NITS....

Tom_In_Cincy
05-26-2002, 10:28 AM
[b]Reprinted from a Post to the newsqroup Rec.sport.billiards. way back when.. do you think things have changed?[b]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>They show up week after week at the local pool tounament and bitch about how only the same players always win.

They never come to the pool hall and practice
At the tournament they just drink water or a half a cup of coffee Always complain about the way the money is distributed for 1st thru 6th.

Expect everyone to agree with their opinions

Know all the rules of the game except when they commit a violation. Then its an interpretation "thing"

Bitch about having to pay "green fees" or "table time" at a tournament

Lose a bet and will have to pay you next week, "a little short right now"

Start rumors, lie, cheat, complain at the drop of a hat, cuss

***I'm sure there are a lot of other examples of a Pool Nit, what's yours?***

What has been a revelation to Pool Hall owners lately is to tell these people "WE don't need your kind", "You don't spend any money with us and all you do is make people want to leave".

Billiards has been associated with gamblers and hustlers for a very long time. Gamblers use to meet, on a regular basis, to wager on horses or other games of chance. These meeting parlors and their patrons, had the bad reputation. In these parlors or halls, there were poker tables and billiard tables for the patrons to amuse themselves while waiting for the "big score" where all the gamblers could "pool" their money for the BET.

According to the BCA's rule book (a brief "history of the game"), this is how Billiard games were associated with the "Pool Halls". Games of chance will always attract gamblers and hustlers.

When you go to a snake pit, do you really think you won't get bit? <hr></blockquote>

Kato
05-28-2002, 09:07 AM
The poolroom I play in has chased away all the "big time pool players" and doesn't hold any touraments other than the one we put on ourselves Sunday nights. I'll go places to watch local talent match up with road players or pros. This practice keeps away all the nit railbirds and these complainers as a whole.

Kato~~~waiting for the next big time guy to come to So Flo