PDA

View Full Version : need opinions on break cues

ms_cue
01-17-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm shopping around for a new break cue. Want to spend no more than $300. Have tried both Predator and Sledgehammer and like both. Need opinions please... what break cue do you recommend and why?

Doctor_D
01-17-2005, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ms_cue:</font><hr> I'm shopping around for a new break cue. Want to spend no more than $300. Have tried both Predator and Sledgehammer and like both. Need opinions please... what break cue do you recommend and why? <hr /></blockquote>

Good evening:

I use the Predator Break Cue, I have also tried the Sledgehammer, primarily because it has a smaller diameter grip area on the butt section. Each cue breaks very well. As such, it becomes a matter of personal preference.

Dr. D.

PQQLK9
01-17-2005, 04:02 PM
I have the Predator and the Fury J/B. I like the Fury best

mksmith713
01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I use a J&amp;J J?B cue and I really like the way it handles.
Has a short ferrule, phenolic tip and the shaft is just stiff enough to handle the chores it was designed for, yet has a nice feel.

SecaucusFats
01-17-2005, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ms_cue:</font><hr> I'm shopping around for a new break cue. Want to spend no more than $300. Have tried both Predator and Sledgehammer and like both. Need opinions please... what break cue do you recommend and why? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I have a Predator BK and a McDermott "Heartbreaker" J/B, both are 18 oz. I had the tips replaced with a phenolic tip. Both work well as break cues. But I prefer the McDermott because it breaks harder, doubles as a jump cue, and was less expensive than the Predator while being equal in quality, fit, and finish.

SF </font color>

pooltchr
01-18-2005, 05:15 AM
I've bee3n through several, and the Fury J/B is the one I like better than any I have tried. And at around $150 on the internet, a great value as well.
Steve

yegon
01-18-2005, 05:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I've bee3n through several, and the Fury J/B is the one I like better than any I have tried. And at around $150 on the internet, a great value as well.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

I ordered the Fury too, I should get it in about a week and I will post how I like it.

JimS
01-18-2005, 05:35 AM
I have a Falcon and the Sledgehammer. I like the Falcon because it can be used as a play cue and has less tendancy to miscue.

daviddjmp
01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I recently bought a Mace break cue from Rick Howard, model 004. Standard flat leather tip, breaks great-

caedos
01-19-2005, 06:37 PM
'Thumper' or 'The Whip' jump-break cues from Jerico Cues are well within your budget. They are excellent, and some of the fastest selling cues Jerry makes. http://www.jericocues.net

Carl

Cane
01-20-2005, 07:44 AM
I agree with Carl on this one. I've got a Jerico Jump Break (one of his new designs) and it performs great.

Later,
Bob

Jay
01-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I have a Sledgehammer and an Omen b/j. I prefer the Omen which is one of the best break/jump cues out there IMHO. Ive tried a lot of break cues out there because I too was in your position. I dont like the Predator because it just didnt have the power I was looking for. I got the Sledge for a good price used and was using it for the longest time. At the time I didnt think there was possibly anything better until I came across Pete Ohmans break cue. This thing just smashes thru the rack with little effort and its easier to control the cb. Of the two you mentioned I would suggest the Sledge but if you are looking for a nice custom cue for a little bit more then I would recommend the Omen.