PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION... Did I really say that???

05-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Question asked by a losing Tournament Player at the 2002 BCA Open 9-Ball Championship in Las Vegas. "Did I really say, I know the BREAK SHOT is important, BUT I never practice that shot". Answer; yea, you really said that.

05-26-2002, 02:51 PM
I hear that all the time. The break is as important as pocketing the 9 ball. How many times have you ran the rack and blew the "important ball". If I could have a break that will make a ball every time and let me hold the table I could be a monster. I think everyone should rack and rerack and practice the break all day long.

OntheSnap
05-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Its only important if you are a run out player. B Players and below are better off letting the opponent break and hoping he breaks good, runs to the 6 and leaves it in the jaws.

05-27-2002, 08:58 AM
I question that position of letting the other guy SCREW UP & you get the GLORY. While that does sound like gravy, you won't find that DEAL at our Pool Hall in Tulsa. The Player with the Great Break & good cue ball position makes 2 or 3 on the break & runs out or he makes a ball on the break & has good Cue ball position, makes 2 or 3 more then hooks you. I've seen that scenario a ZILLION times. The Break shot is important & it's stated as such in the books.. but I never see it practiced

OntheSnap
05-27-2002, 09:04 AM
Ill bet anybody in there even money they cant break and run to the 2

05-28-2002, 10:09 AM
hey there Mr. On-The-Snap... you might be right. All the more reason for practicing the Break. You gave us all some great insight. Keep it up.