PDA

View Full Version : Cat fight on the news.

Chopstick
01-18-2005, 10:58 AM
I just checked the news on TV at lunch. Some women senator decided to monopolize the Secretary of State confirmation hearings and just start ripping on Condi. They had already announced a recess but the guys just sat back and let them go at it. I think Condi can take her.

SpiderMan
01-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I hope it was one of the stupider blabbermouths. She's not a senator, but Eddie Bernice Johnson looks quite natural eating both of her feet.

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
01-18-2005, 01:08 PM
it was Barbara "Guns are mean and scary" Boxer

Wally_in_Cincy
01-18-2005, 02:25 PM
It would be refreshing to see a politician do something simply for the good of the country instead of for political gain.

Is having power so important that it causes you to lie and manipulate to keep it or to get it?

By the time these people get to be Senators they are so steeped in playing politics they know no other way to approach things.

It's really quite sad. And we're the losers.

P.S. It's awful quiet around here. Maybe I should call Gayle out /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
01-19-2005, 04:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Is having power so important that it causes you to lie and manipulate to keep it or to get it?

By the time these people get to be Senators they are so steeped in playing politics they know no other way to approach things.<hr /></blockquote>
It is not only the Senators playing politics. Condi is certainly a major player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Power is the name of the game in Washington. Whether an elected official or not, they all want an edge over someone else and they will sell their mother to get it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Vagabond
01-19-2005, 04:53 AM
Enjoying while other is down and hurting is another game commonly played in washington.
BTW Senator Boxer`s daughter(?) is married to Senator Clinton`s brother.
Vagabond

Gayle in MD
01-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Seems to me that Lieing and manipulating by Rice and Bush was exactly what Senator Boxer was trying to expose, and prevent in the future. The lieing and manipulation happened when Bush, Rice, Cheney and Rumsfled sold us a pile of BS about why we needed to have a war in Iraq.

Rice is an expert on "doublespeak", just like Bush. Now their blanket excuse for this mess is, "War is unpredictable" DUH, Who didn't know that? LOL, Oh Yeah, so that "War Id Unpredictable" just lets them off the hook for not listening to the predictions of the experts before they went in there. It all went down just the way they were told it would.

57% of Americans are now against this stupid mess, a figure sure to continue to increase as the Insurgents continue to kill the Iraqis who are willing to fight, and the number of Iraqi's willing to fight decreases. It's a proven fact that they lie continuously regarding the number of Iraqi's being trained, and puff it up.

Bush gets the prize for poor planning, unrealistic ideals, and obstinance.

Idealism, untempered by logic and realism, equals ignorance and miscalculation!

I am glad that the Democrats have a resolve to hold those lieing republican SOB's a$$es to the fire. We need to clean house next election. There will be pleanty of so called "Righties" willing to focus on the true and pressing issues by then I'll bet.

Gayle in Md.

Dollar is down, Jobs are down, Iraq is a mess, housing starts are down, deficit is skyrocketing, It's all Kerry's fault!

Chopstick
01-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Well look who's back. Our favorite BushWhacker. Careful Wally that thing looks sharp. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://www.wowe.com/superstars/tanja/images/tanja4.jpg

Wally_in_Cincy
01-19-2005, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Careful Wally that thing looks sharp.
<hr /></blockquote>

Quite suitable for castrating males it would seem.

Chopstick
01-19-2005, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Careful Wally that thing looks sharp.
<hr /></blockquote>

Quite suitable for castrating males it would seem. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh geez, I forgot about that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif