PDA

View Full Version : Nice shot of Efren at DCC

BillPorter
01-18-2005, 11:29 AM
I just got a new camera and tested it out at DCC. Got a nice shot of Efren playing bank pool on the AccuStats table. Thought I'd share it.

Efren Reyes at Derby City Classic (http://billporter.smugmug.com/photos/14436392-M.jpg)

PQQLK9
01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
looks like Nick Varner to me.

SPetty
01-18-2005, 01:20 PM
To see the actual pic, you've got to right click on the "tripod" logo and select Properties and then copy the URL. Then open a new browser window and paste the URL and press "go".

I tried to help by posting a link to the picture, but tripod even blocks that!

It's a real good picture.

PQQLK9
01-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I know, but I could not get it to work either. I'm glad you can appreciate my faceitious humor /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Here ya go - just for you I copied the pic out to someplace where we could see it...

http://www.pettypoint.com/poolpics/Efren2.jpg

9 Ball Girl
01-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I like the way Efren's hand looks.

PQQLK9
01-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Spetty you da man, er' WO - man /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice picture Bill, anyone know what type of cue that is?

Cueless Joey
01-18-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the way Efren's hand looks. <hr /></blockquote>
Nothing like a slip-stroker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cueless Joey
01-18-2005, 02:17 PM
My padrino owned that Judd. He played with it for two years.
Efren took it away from him.
That is an 8-point Judd. The long points are ivory.
Inlayed immaculately by Trudy Fuller. Judd's wife who is a pantrographer extra-ordinaire.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-18-2005, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> My padrino owned that Judd. ... <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dictionary.com:</font><hr>No entry found for padrino
<hr /></blockquote>

godfather?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> The long points are ivory.. <hr /></blockquote>

I want one. Did you see Gabe Owen's Shurtz with ivory points?

Saw a Gilbert at DCC last year like that. Didn't have $3400 on me.

Cueless Joey
01-18-2005, 02:55 PM
I didn't realize padrino is not understood here.
My padrino and I are godfather to the same child by a friend of ours. So, the three of us are padrinos.
The former owner of that cue's wife is a godmother to one of Efren's kids. Which makes Efren my padrino???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I saw Gabe's nice cue at the bike. Nice looking stick.
Corey has a nice Woodpecker Jacoby as well.
Luat had a very nice Lambros too. He told me he was receiving an ivory-pointed Lambros at DCC. That will be worth an arm and a leg in Japan.
Joey~Definitely custom cue googan~

SpiderMan
01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I like the way Efren's hand looks. <hr /></blockquote>
Nothing like a slip-stroker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Get a room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Cueless Joey
01-18-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Get a room <hr /></blockquote>
Only if Efren buys me dinner and gets his hair fixed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wendy caused the Brad-Jen breakup, I think.

ragbug74
01-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Yes, the Woodpecker Jacoby Corey was playing with was beautiful. I inquired about it while he was hitting 'em after hours one night. I got to look at it up close and wish I would've taken a few pics. I'm a sucker for nice purpleheart.

The picture of Efren must have been taken prior to Sunday evening sometime as he made a slight modification. Apparently, he didn't like the way the wrap felt so he had one of the cue repair guys wrap masking tape on the wrap. It looked funny to see him with that nice cue, wrapped in masking tape.

For those of you out there that have never been to the Derby, GET THERE!!!! I was there from Friday afternoon through Monday morning and it was by far the best pool watching experience I've ever had. If you've never seen banks played at that level, you won't believe your eyes. Larry Nevel played 2 matches that were amazing, including shutting Efren out 3-0, as well as dispatching local hero Truman Hogue. I've got story after story that I'll tell for the rest of my life. I wish I could've stayed all week, but I'm already making plans to return next year.

BillPorter
01-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Sorry about the unreliable link to the photo of Efren in the post I put up earlier. I just registered at Smugmug, so this should work better.
http://billporter.smugmug.com/photos/14436392-M.jpg
Efren Reyes at Derby City Classic (http://billporter.smugmug.com/photos/14436392-M.jpg)

Tom_In_Cincy
01-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Great Pic Bill, btw, Californian Ed Ames is just over Efren's Left shoulder.

Ed is a great player and I think he finished high in the Bank tournament.

BillPorter
01-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey Tom, wish you could have dropped by Louisville for the tournament. Is this the guy you are referring to? I cranked up my 12X zoom and caught a shot of him across the way, though I didn't know who he was at the time.
http://billporter.smugmug.com/photos/14438304-M.jpg

9 Ball Girl
01-18-2005, 07:43 PM
OMG! That guy almost looks like my Dad!

9 Ball Girl
01-18-2005, 07:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Wendy caused the Brad-Jen breakup, I think. <hr /></blockquote>Nah. I don't like them Hollywood types. I like 'em cueless. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jjinfla
01-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Hey Bill,

Nice photo. Clear, great color, in focus, good crop.

What kind of camera did you use? Available light I take it? Any filter?

Thanks,

Jake

BillPorter
01-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Jake, thanks for the compliment. I'm using a Panasonic FZ20 camera. UV filter for lens protection. Can't use flash in the tournament room, so just available light. Since the lighting is a combinaion of fluorescent and incandescent, you have to manually set a white balance to get correct colors. Even on the AccuStats table, with much more light than the other tables, you still have to use pretty slow shutter speeds(1/30 at f 3.3 for the shot I posted). I am enjoying the challenge of getting some good shots. If I get any the next time I am down there (Friday and Saturday), I'll post one or two.

jjinfla
01-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Bill,

Just checked that camera out on Pricegrabber.com and it looks pretty nice. I am about ready to purchase a Fuji and trying to decide between the S5100 and the old S5000. Hopefully I will see someone this saturday who told me about it and uses it professionally.

Looking forward to more photos.

Did you use a tripod or stand shooting at 1/30th?

Jake

jjinfla
01-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Just look at the determination, concentration in Efren's eyes. No wonder he is so consistent.

Now you need a printer so that you can print up the pictures right there. And have the players sign them for you.

Keep this picture and blow it up to 8x10 or larger. It's a keeper.

Jake

Tom_In_Cincy
01-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Bill, another GREAT pic... I sure hope you get some pics of our Cincy friends with the other players there. I would sure appreciate you sending them to me.

Did you play in the one pocket event? as I remember, you played 1P rather well (when you weren't taking pics LOL)