PDA

View Full Version : Derby City Classic Update

9 Ball Girl
01-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Since AZ is down, you can check Inside Pool (http://www.insidepool.com)

Vagabond
01-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks,Wendy.
Vagabond

Wally_in_Cincy
01-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Local sharpshooter Joe Brown from Airway Billiards in Dayton defeated Cliff Joyner in the 5th round of the one-pocket event.

JimS
01-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Airway Billiards??? Isn't that the place that the bank pool tournament winner from last year played out of?

Wally_in_Cincy
01-20-2005, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Airway Billiards??? Isn't that the place that the bank pool tournament winner from last year played out of? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes. Jason Miller.

Aging veteran George Rood hangs out there too.

Wally &lt;~~ never been there, been meaning to go.

JimS
01-20-2005, 06:37 AM
Sounds like a "players" place to hang. Or, a place to hang if a guy wanted to become a player. Have to play pretty sweet to beat Cliff Joyner.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-20-2005, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Sounds like a "players" place to hang. Or, a place to hang if a guy wanted to become a player. <hr /></blockquote>

I reckon so. I have heard Eric Durbin hangs there sometimes too.

Joe Brown beat Alex P. in the 2002 Glass City Open IIRC. Shortly afer that I played in "Tom_in_Cincy's Going-away 7-ball Tournament" at SnookerS in Cincy.

Guess who I drew in the 2nd round. Joe Brown. He could tell I was a hack after the first game and he let up a bit in the second game, missing a 3-ball. I ran that rack out but unfortunately for me that woke him up and he beat me 5-1.

Nice guy though.