PDA

View Full Version : A View from the Left Side?

SnakebyteXX
01-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Ho Hum, More War And Death

What happens when habitual warmongering and BushCo lies become part of our daily diet?

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

And then you read the appalling little story about how BushCo is now "taking steps" to further the investigation into why their original intelligence on Iraq was so painfully, treasonously, colon-clenchingly wrong, why they thought Saddam had giant Costco-sized warehouses stacked to the rafters with snarling nukes and nasty biotoxins and active warheads when, in fact, he had nothing but a couple Dumpsters full of rusty 20-year-old shell casings and a bucket of stale glue.

And don't forget the part about how Congress allotted hundreds of millions of dollars for the futile WMD search, with no public accounting of the money, and the entire budget and the expenditures are to remain classified, by order of the Defense Intelligence Agency. Ha ha. Sigh.

This is about the time your head spins all the way around and you shudder in disbelief and you stifle a giggle and hold your sides and restrain yourself from gagging, think happy thoughts about sex and love and trees because otherwise you just smash your head with a brick and throw puppies into paper shredders to numb the pain and quiet the screams.

Because if you've been paying any attention at all, this is when you remember that it was at Bush/Cheney's own order that the CIA intelligence reports be intentionally skewed and rewritten, that they doctor their reports to say what BushCo wanted them to say to justify their vicious and unwinnable little war that is quickly shaping up to be one of the most economically debilitating, socially humiliating, deadly quagmires since Vietnam.

And this is when you remember, furthermore, how BushCo forced poor emasculated Colin Powell to stand up in front of Congress and shake little vials of anthrax and hold up completely bogus proofs, including satellite images of supposed "mobile biological-weapons labs" which were, instead, tanks of hydrogen for weather balloons. New drinking game: replay the video of Powell's testimony, take a shot whenever a final spark of his remaining dignity dies.

And you sit there and just let it all sink into your skin for a few seconds before frantically brushing yourself off, as if you were just hit by a swarm of pissy Republican gnats. I mean, get them off me.

Does it bear repeating? Are we too far gone? Do we even care that the WMD search has been quietly, meekly, officially called off in Iraq after two full years of ardent searching and after 1,200 of BushCo's own highly trained scientists and investigators -- not the U.N., not Democrats, not icky foreigners, not crazy liberals, not gay-marriage advocates -- but Bush's own people, preprogrammed to dig up the absolute tiniest shred of evidence of Saddam's gnarly intentions and hold it up and scream in giddy delight, and who found, well, absolutely nothing at all?

Yes, many Americans are "concerned" about Bush's handling of the war. Yes, his approval rating heading into Nightmare Phase II are the lowest of any two-term president in recent history. But, overall, Americans seemed to like him enough to give him another term and they think he's doing an OK job despite the economy and the deficit and the misogyny and self-righteous Bible thumping, and the nation as a whole seems to have assimilated the lies, the bogus war, the death and pain and economic violence.

Let's spell it out again, one more time, just for old time's sake. There was no "bad" intelligence. There was no evil Saddam plotting an overthrow of the world. There was only BushCo-branded coercion and misprision and traitorous presidential lies the scale of which make Nixon look like a pickpocket. The CIA and the FBI and the Pentagon said it outright: Saddam was harmless. No threat. No WMD. No reason to go to war. Period. Didn't matter.

And Saddam did not, as some Repubs whined and as the new reports -- again from Bush's own people -- prove, Saddam did not hide WMDs in Syria. Or Pakistan. Or New Jersey. He did not bury them underground or paint them over to look like circus tents or stash them in the back of the Winnebago Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie were driving in "The Simple Life 2." Bush's WMDs never existed. And he knew it. What's worse? We knew he knew it. And he got away with it anyway.

And now, more than 1,300 U.S. soldiers have died and over 10,000 have been wounded and countless tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians, women and children and families, have died, brutally, horribly, and the war is getting uglier, worse, more violent and out of control and increasingly controlled by guerrillas and astoundingly effective Shiite radicals and no one anywhere really knows why we're at war anymore. No one.

We haven't helped Iraq. We haven't furthered "the march of peace." We have done nothing to improve the conditions of the region by cramming Bush's snide version of Christian democracy down their throats. Saddam was indeed a murderous thug. And guess what? We knew it all along, even when he was our ally, even when he used the poison gas we sold to him to kill all those pesky Kurds with our implicit blessing. Remember that nice shot of Donny "Black Eyes" Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam? Exactly.

This, then, is the current upshot: the terrorists are as giddy as schoolgirls. Bush's warmongering agenda has done more to destabilize the Middle East than Osama could have ever dreamed. The U.S. is more loathed and mocked on the global stage than anytime in past 100 years. Our credibility as a peacemaker and a humanitarian force is the lowest in modern history, so much so that Bush had to send out a signed op-ed letter to the international papers, claiming that the American government really does care about all those dead Muslim tsunami victims, no really we do, despite how many of their co-religionists we're killing in our brutal occupation of Iraq.

And now, all outrage has become muted and lethargic. All protests, in the wake of BushCo's nauseating fear-based win last November, have become pale and moot and limp. We are numb and resigned to the steady stream of lie and abuse. This is the sentiment, even among many fear-hammered red staters who insist on seeing Bush as their pseudo-religious dumb-guy Messiah: a sort of national teeth gritting, a dark period in America, a hunkering down and waiting for it to be over and for the light to emerge again.

Term II is under way. The vicious Republican PR machine is of such potent talent that Bush could now walk up to a live TV camera and jam his thumbs in his big monkey ears and wiggle his fingers and stick out his tongue and say Ppppbbbtthhtt, ha ha America, it's my gul-dang war and I knew all along Saddam was an easy mark, a pip-squeak tyrant, never had WMDs, and I lied to the whole stupid nation to make me look manly and to help my buddies in Big Oil, and in the military industry, and in my daddy's Carlyle Group, and for my rich Saudi pals.

And he could say: Too bad about all those dead 'Murkin soldiers. Too bad about all those soldiers who will be dying very soon. Too bad they can't go AWOL and skip out on the war like I did. Too bad they're dying for reasons no one can justify, and never could. Okey doke, I'm off to the ranch for even more vacation, the most of any president in American history. Bye now. Oh, yes, one more thing: ppppbbbtthhtt!

And most of America would apparently sit there and watch him, and sigh, and go, oh that Dubya, such an honest and God-loving man, so simple and plainspoken and not all that bright. Just like the rest of us. He's a Good Man, isn't he? He's sturdy and stalwart and on the side of righteousness. I mean, isn't he, Lord? Hello?

Link (http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/)

Wally_in_Cincy
01-19-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
colon-clenchingly <hr /></blockquote>

and being in San Francisco he would certainly be familiar with that

cheesemouse
01-19-2005, 10:55 AM
FINALLY an unbiased airing of the facts...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chopstick
01-19-2005, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> ppppbbbtthhtt! <hr /></blockquote>

I like it. I wanted to use it before. I just didn't know how to spell it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SecaucusFats
01-19-2005, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
colon-clenchingly <hr /></blockquote>

and being in San Francisco he would certainly be familiar with that <hr /></blockquote>

It sounds like Mr. Morford should head over to the bath-house. He's obviuously overdue for his cream based colonic irrigation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SF

cheesemouse
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Fats,

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like Mr. Morford should head over to the bath-house. He's obviuously overdue for his cream based colonic irrigation.

<hr /></blockquote>

I don't understand this paragraph but with your obvious 'intimate' understanding of the subject, perhaps, you could clear up my confusion... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

SecaucusFats
01-19-2005, 03:10 PM
http://strangepolitics.com/images/content/104352.jpg

SF &lt; Red Stater trapped in a Blue State

Deeman2
01-19-2005, 03:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr>
SF &lt; Red Stater trapped in a Blue State <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> We will rescue you if it takes 4 more years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif FREE SF FROM THE BLUE STATES.... </font color>

Deeman

cheesemouse
01-19-2005, 04:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> http://strangepolitics.com/images/content/104352.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm....let's see....you like to only kiss guys who smoke..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SecaucusFats
01-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm....let's see....you like to only kiss guys who smoke..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No you silly rodent! Mr. Morford likes to kiss guys and therefore (with all that colon clenching) I suspect he also enjoys far eastern colon hydration therapy with Cream of Som Jong Gai.

SF

Chopstick
01-20-2005, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr>

<font color="blue"> We will rescue you if it takes 4 more years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif FREE SF FROM THE BLUE STATES.... </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Hey DeeMan, make up some T shirts. I think we have a movement here.

<font color="red"> Free SF! </font color>

hondo
01-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Wonderful! Now all liberals are fags! It was just
a matter of time before you guys started this line
of crap. Come to West Virginia and we'll give you
" Deliverance" the hard way. Yeeehaw!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> Hmmmmmmmmm....let's see....you like to only kiss guys who smoke..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No you silly rodent! Mr. Morford likes to kiss guys and therefore (with all that colon clenching) I suspect he also enjoys far eastern colon hydration therapy with Cream of Som Jong Gai.

SF <hr /></blockquote>

SecaucusFats
01-20-2005, 12:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Wonderful! Now all liberals are fags! It was just
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL. No, not all liberals, just the majority of Liberals in San Francisco.

SF

wolfdancer
01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Hondo, have you noticed...no one has attacked the article....just making wild assumptions about the author,
as if that will mitigate the facts.....and the fact is....we have the most dangerous, the most deranged (discounting one RR, of course) President in history.
Harry Truman did less damage with the "bomb" then this Presidential "bomb" will eventually do.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-20-2005, 02:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Hondo, have you noticed...no one has attacked the article....just making wild assumptions about the author,
<hr /></blockquote>

I'll attack the article. I disagree with everything he says. How's that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If Clinton had pushed the same plan the author would be for it.

Did you read my post about the Chilean system?

wolfdancer
01-20-2005, 05:41 PM
" I'll attack the article. I disagree with everything he says. How's that? "
Not good enough to discredit the article, nor the author.

"If Clinton had pushed the same plan the author would be for it."
That's an assumption on your part...I doubt if you have ever read anything else he's written.

"Did you read my post about the Chilean system?"
No, but I will....it doesn't sound like it will disprove anything in the article though.

But...here's some "good" news that you can attack....
Yahoo reports that SF is considering banning hand guns. Haven't read the article, but gang violence is getting worse there, and just across the bridge, in Oakland....shootings deaths are almost an everyday occurrance....
I doubt though, they will enact that rule...or if it will make a difference if they do.

SnakebyteXX
01-20-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hondo: Wonderful! Now all liberals are fags! <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
SecaucusFats: LOL. No, not all liberals, just the majority of Liberals in San Francisco.
<hr /></blockquote>

You Must Be A Fag

Among the spurts of seething hate mail our columnist receives, one recurring -- and sadly distressing -- attack

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

I am an utter moron. I am a total imbecile. I am the enemy.

I am a disgrace, an amazingly off-the-mark hate-filled racist lefty coward Communist with his head so far up his ass he can see his tonsils and who wouldn't know a true patriot if one ran over me in his big stompin' SUV, which he should.

I am a typical SF liberal jackass no one listens to because I live in San Francisco and everyone knows San Francisco is a totally useless noncity full of weirdo snobby leftist tree-hugging pro-choice intellectual wine-drinking peacenik tofu-suckers who practice yoga and smoke a lot of legal pot and are all just mad because Gore lost and Bush hasn't spontaneously combusted just yet and everybody seems to have a nice shiny new gun except us.

I am apparently many, many very unpleasant things that can't be printed here, but simply recall all the absolute crudest, most juvenile curse words you ever heard from the thickest jock in junior high (don't forget the gross bodily functions) and rearrange them at will ŗ la magnetic refrigerator poetry, and you'll have some idea of the feedback I often get.

But more than anything else, the absolute worst thing that can apparently be said about me among the spurts of hate mail I invariably receive whenever one of my more politically charged columns pokes at the oozing sores of rage over at some right-wing Web site, is this: I must be gay. Really, really gay.

No, not gay. A fag. A world-class spineless AIDS-ridden dope-smoking rainbow-flagged liberal whiner super-fag, one who lives in a city and in fact an entire state that apparently a very large contingent of "real" Americans genuinely wishes would "get bombed by the terrorists and fall off into the ocean after you all get f--king AIDS and die you liberal [censored] faggot traitors." That is pretty much a direct quote.

This is not a joke. Or rather, it is, but the sentiment is rampant and virulent and common enough that it simply has to be mentioned and discussed here in more somber and/or baffled fashion, and not just in a "gosh there sure are a lot of homophobic sub-intellects out there" sort of way, but because it is a bizarre and distressing phenomenon.

It is a disease, this brand of spitting homophobia, a shockingly common hate-filled attitude running like liquid fire through a surprisingly large number of "patriotic" Christian Americans. I get a lot of this type of email. And I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

It happens at least once every column, and a great deal more whenever I write a piece openly criticizing the president or aggressively questioning this "war" or humorously insinuating that Dick Cheney is really a deeply frightening thin-lipped glob of toxic tapioca who scares small children and makes flowers wilt and perpetually looks like he just swallowed a large dung beetle.

I must be gay. I must be a fag. That this is the worst attack many people can think of, is more than distressing. It's shockingly puerile and stands as a stark reminder that we as a culture and as a patriotic progressive star-spangled country, one that claims to be so proud of our diversity and tolerance, still have some seriously debilitating issues of our own.

"I would expect nothing less from a [censored] penny-loafer queer-boy," exclaims one deep thinker. "No wonder they say San Francisco is the land of 'fruits and nuts,'" another oh so cleverly snickered. "Go f--k yourself, fag!!!" charmed still another, in toto. And those are the mild ones.

Maybe you thought such strains of virulent homophobia were diminishing in this country. Maybe you thought some intellectual or gender-oriented progress had been made. Maybe you hoped such a degree of borderline violent hatred stemming from vaguely threatened manhoods was the sole domain of, say, Islamic fundamentalists. You would be wrong.

Would it be fair to call these types of conservatives sexual terrorists? Is there really that great a distance separating what a religious extremist is willing to perpetrate in the name of his angry martyring God, and what an extreme homophobe might do when faced with an apparent threat to his trembling machismo, in the name of his sexually confused deity?

It does not matter, of course, whether I'm actually gay or not. It does not matter that these fine upstanding American uber-patriots have no idea who I am or what my life is like. And it does not matter that I and most people I know wouldn't consider being called gay a slur anyway, that it is, in fact, in many ways complimentary and funny and good.

Being called gay simply has zero negative effect, just makes me shrug and smile and wonder and in fact only makes me more grateful to live in a city where such an "accusation" just means you probably dance really well and shun professional sports and get regular manicures and have really great sex and cool taste in shoes. Oh hell, maybe I am gay. Don't tell my girlfriend.

For the record, I also get a ton of incredibly positive feedback, bravos and huzzahs and marriage proposals and offers to bear my children, heaping dollops of incredibly generous praise I don't even have to pay for. The hate mail is but a fraction, and the hissing homophobia, smaller still.

But all the positive feedback, in effect, only serves to highlight and underscore the stunning virulence of the hateful comments, the frightening similarities between this type of often homophobic rage and the type of religious bile with which we claim to be at war in the Mideast and elsewhere.

Perhaps our political agenda is slightly misdirected. Perhaps we have some brutish strains of macho religious-based hostility simmering in the melting pot of our own nation, festering and lying in wait.

Perhaps there's another type of inbred terrorist-type sentiment we should be focusing on, as well. United we stand, unless you're gay or nonviolent or progressive or sexually secure or from San Francisco. Really makes the heart swell with all-American pride.

Link (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2002/06/14/notes061402.DTL)

Qtec
01-20-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
full of weirdo snobby leftist tree-hugging pro-choice intellectual wine-drinking peacenik tofu-suckers who practice yoga and smoke a lot of legal pot <hr /></blockquote>

HaHaHaHa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q [ likes MM ]

Gayle in MD
01-20-2005, 09:17 PM
What is so sad about this article is that it is absolutely true, every word. What is even more distressing is that the millions of neo-conned Americans don't even want to address the fact that this country has just re-elected a President who committed a felony, along with the rest of his cabinet, and that it is a felony to go before the Congress and the Senate, and lie or mislead them the way that Bush did when he set about manufacturing a justification for his war in Iraq, and our men are dieing for it.

It's a sad day when a political party hates the other party so much that they are willing to ignore the fact that their President, and his entire cabinet, has lied to get us into an unecessary war, for which thousands have died, for nothing. There were no wmd's, no threat of the greatly touted 'Smoking gun Mushroom Cloud" No nuclear threat, not even any biological substance that wasn't long past it's shelf life. No connection to 9/11, and no love lost between Bin L. and Saddam, they hated one another in fact.

When you want your party to win so much so that you are willing to vote for a man who has done all this, and done it with a swagger to boot, it is a sad day for America.

I shudder to think what unseen future damage this egotistical idiot and his administrative axis of evil will do in four more years. One thing for sure, we can always count on Laura to smile and nod us through it all.

Gayle in Md.

SecaucusFats
01-21-2005, 12:37 AM
So who gives a [censored]? (Other than then the whiny Liberals?)

Hey you're a homo! That's OK but don't ask me to endorse your lifestyle. I have a right to think that your "lifestyle" is repugnant and immoral. WTF I wouldn't hurt anyone, or stop anyone, from schtupping, or being schtupped, up their arse but I still have a right to think that such behavior is depraved and disgusting. F*ck you if you don't like my views, I have my 1st amendment rights same as anyone else, so go bugger off.

SF

eg8r
01-21-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wonderful! Now all liberals are fags! It was just
<hr /></blockquote> I was going to reply congratulating on your correct usage (and then noticed you didn't /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) of the quote function, however the mere "stupidity" of your reply took the lead. (If not for you inability to comprehend what is being said here, I am forced to write this in defense)I am not calling you stupid but your post had the air of stupidity. (I hope my true intent for this post is clear, I do not in any way think you are stupid).

How could someone read SF's reply, in which he mentioned someone's name explicitly, believe he was referring to ALL liberals. I am beginning to think you have not even read the whole thread because it is clear how this branch started, and no one who is thinking could possibly believe SF was referring to all liberals. If you wanted to at least make an ounce of sense you would have said SF was calling all people from San Fran gay.

Also, after you got all bent out of shape in the past about my reference to West Virginia, I am sad to see this post of yours. It solidifies the stereotype, and we got it from the horses mouth.

eg8r

cheesemouse
01-21-2005, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> So who gives a [censored]? (Other than then the whiny Liberals?)

Hey you're a homo! That's OK but don't ask me to endorse your lifestyle. I have a right to think that your "lifestyle" is repugnant and immoral. WTF I wouldn't hurt anyone, or stop anyone, from schtupping, or being schtupped, up their arse but I still have a right to think that such behavior is depraved and disgusting. F*ck you if you don't like my views, I have my 1st amendment rights same as anyone else, so go bugger off.

Fatso,

You sure are a free man. Your free to remain a bigoted and ignorant flame thrower. Why don't you come out of the closet. There is help for your kind of personality. You may free yourself from some of the frustration your experiencing....once you come clean, come out of the closet, you may start to experience some peace and tranquility in your now miserable existence. What you appear to be in print leaves no doubt that your just wasted space and not to be taken seriously...

I think you should walk up to the first Marine you see and just give him a nice long french kiss......it could change you life.......

cheesemouse
01-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Ed,

I didn't think anyone would come to this idiots defence but I had forgot about you...I won't make that mistake again....thanks for the reminder Ed...

Chopstick
01-21-2005, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> There is help for your kind of personality. <hr /></blockquote>

Whoa, take it easy there cheese. Fats is gettin' help. I remember reading about his Home Electro-Shock Therapy kit just a little while ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SecaucusFats
01-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Chopstick,

Here's a pic of the machine. I picked it up cheap at the flea market. Matter of fact, I just got it to work!

Uhm..let's see buzz, crackle,YOW, HOLY SH*T THAT HURTS!! Man I think I'll just go back to stunning myself with a stun gun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.agassiztrading.com/photos/photos-museumitems/shock-1.jpg

wolfdancer
01-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Gayle, you must be one of them left-leaning, effete, commie,pinko,liberal fags, to dare suggest that this
article, impugning our beloved, God-fearing, boot wearing
capo de crapo...had a single iota of truth in it.
For shame!!!

hondo
01-24-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm stupid; my posts are stupid. What the hell's
the difference. Oh, if I could only be as insightful
as you!

Deeman2
01-24-2005, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Hey DeeMan, make up some T shirts. I think we have a movement here.

<font color="red"> Free SF! </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> You got it! I'll send you one....

Deeman </font color>

eg8r
01-24-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm stupid; my posts are stupid. What the hell's
as you! <hr /></blockquote> LOL, and the left calls themselves the intelligent party. Let's see if we can make some sense out of you... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SF, joking in reference to the colon clenching remark:</font><hr> Mr. Morford likes to kiss guys and therefore (with all that colon clenching)... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote honduh:</font><hr> Wonderful! Now all liberals are fags! <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r, wasting his time responding to remarks deemed stupid:</font><hr> I was going to reply congratulating on your correct usage (and then noticed you didn't ) of the quote function, however the mere "stupidity" of your reply took the lead. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote honduh:</font><hr> I'm stupid; my posts are stupid. What the hell's
as you!
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> That should be a pretty good timeline, now lets see if you follow it (what again do you teach?). SF makes a comment about one single person and, so not to confuse people like hondo, he continues to mention the individuals name. Hondo takes that to mean SF is now refering to all liberals. Then I decide to pipe in and call the reply stupid (not the person making the reply, just his reply), maybe I could have said it as sharp but not nearly as blunt. Then yoru reply post is made in a way to lead people to believe I was calling you stupid. That is completely false, something more correct would be me calling you an adult with 2nd grade comprehension issues. Either way, who cares, I was not saying you were stupid. I mentioned your reply, as a matter of fact, I was quite explicit in what I was calling stupid.

As you can tell, my post had nothing to do with insight, it was more a post about levels of comprehension.

To be clear, I don't believe you are stupid or not insightful or whatever else. I believe you are hondo and live in WV. It goes no further than that. I hope in the future that a comment on your actions will not be twisted into being a comment on your being.

Respectfully,
eg8r

hondo
01-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the kind reply ,Eg. You are truly a
lovely human being. The not stupid honDUH.

Gayle in MD
01-24-2005, 01:18 PM
LMAO, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif that's me alright, LOL.
How ya doing' friend
Love,
Gayle

hondo
01-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Mouse, SF is NOT gay. he tried it and he didn't
like it. It left a funny taste in his mouth.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> So who gives a [censored]? (Other than then the whiny Liberals?)

Fatso,

You sure are a free man. Your free to remain a bigoted and ignorant flame thrower. Why don't you come out of the closet. There is help for your kind of personality. You may free yourself from some of the frustration your experiencing....once you come clean, come out of the closet, you may start to experience some peace and tranquility in your now miserable existence. What you appear to be in print leaves no doubt that your just wasted space and not to be taken seriously...

I think you should walk up to the first Marine you see and just give him a nice long french kiss......it could change you life....... <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
01-25-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the kind reply ,Eg. You are truly a
lovely human being. The not stupid honDUH. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, the honDUH was (not-so)cleverly lifted from the tuner websites with huge loving hearts (note the sarcasm) for all those insane honda owners with their freakishly large exhausts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't feel much need to be any nicer than to point out, the adjective was not directed at your being, but instead the action (post). No one ever called you stupid.

eg8r &lt;~~~doesn't sugarcoat

SecaucusFats
01-25-2005, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Mouse, SF is NOT gay. he tried it and he didn't
like it. It left a funny taste in his mouth.
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

I really wouldn't expect anything better from you libs.

For you it's OK to ridicule things like religion, values, morality, being pro-life, and the like. But say that you believe that homosexuality is wrong and BAM, you are all over the person who dares to express his disdain for such perverse behavior.

I do not believe that homosexuals should be discriminated against in hiring, housing, etc. I believe that no one should be physically or verbally attacked for being homosexual. But having said that, I believe that homosexuals do not have the right to push their agenda on others, that parents (not schools) have the sole right and responsibility to pass on their views on the matter, and that each and every individual has the right to decide for his, or her, self whether such behavior is moral or not.

And please don't tell me that homosexuality is 'natural', that gays are 'born that way', or that since homosexual behavior has been observed in animals that means it's OK for humans. Human beings are sentient beings. Our brains and intellect separate us from all other species. We are not ruled by primitive instincts, we can and do, make choices all the time. Some will always choose to engage in homosexuality, and some (like me) will always choose to view such behavior as immoral and perverse.

Is freedom of thought only to be respected when it accords with liberal dogma?

SF

wolfdancer
01-25-2005, 12:46 PM
It was ok though for you to post the "sum yung boi" remark, about someone that you don't even know.......
and now you are off on a tangent, over a "tongue-in-cheek"...no pun intended...remark...and of course had to put the "lib" tag on, which somehow explains someone's whole belief system to you.
Maybe you could give us a break...stick to your "copy and paste" posts.....we'll give you credit for recognising that they may be of some interest to the rest of us here.....and save your political, uh, commentary for the Arian Nation message board.
Unless of course, you want to be the spokesman, for the ultra-radical right, on this board....in which case you'll have to compete with e8...or you two could collaborate, and maybe come up with something, based on facts,and then you wouldn't feel the need to resort to the primitive "fight or flight" syndrome, when your writings are exposed, for what they are............

hondo
01-25-2005, 01:35 PM
I believe in God and Christ- not religion.
My values and morals tend to differ from Dubya's-sorry.
I believe that many gays ARE born that way but I'm
too worn out to argue with you right now.
Over-generalization, diversion, innuendo, pettiness,
narrow mindedness, lack of compassion,smug, mean-
spirited, self-righteousness. Have I missed any
conservative characteristics?
BTW, EG, when you jump in ,make sure you attack, not
defend. That's all you and the Republican party ever do.

For you it's OK to ridicule things like religion, values, morality, being pro-life, and the like. But say that you believe that homosexuality is wrong and BAM, you are all over the person who dares to express his disdain for such perverse behavior.

I do not believe that homosexuals should be discriminated against in hiring, housing, etc. I believe that no one should be physically or verbally attacked for being homosexual. But having said that, I believe that homosexuals do not have the right to push their agenda on others, that parents (not schools) have the sole right and responsibility to pass on their views on the matter, and that each and every individual has the right to decide for his, or her, self whether such behavior is moral or not.

And please don't tell me that homosexuality is 'natural', that gays are 'born that way', or that since homosexual behavior has been observed in animals that means it's OK for humans. Human beings are sentient beings. Our brains and intellect separate us from all other species. We are not ruled by primitive instincts, we can and do, make choices all the time. Some will always choose to engage in homosexuality, and some (like me) will always choose to view such behavior as immoral and perverse.

Is freedom of thought only to be respected when it accords with liberal dogma?

SF <hr /></blockquote>

SecaucusFats
01-25-2005, 02:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I believe in God and Christ- not religion.

<font color="blue">You'll get no beef from me. Being an agnostic,I am not committed to either God or religion. I don't have a problem with other views on the subject, or different approaches to such. </font color>

My values and morals tend to differ from Dubya's-sorry.

<font color="blue">Why should you be sorry? I don't recall ever saying that W is the ultimate authority on morals and values. </font color>

I believe that many gays ARE born that way but I'm
too worn out to argue with you right now.

<font color="blue">Again: you can believe what you want. That is your right as a free man in a free society.

As far as "being born that way" no scientific studies have proven it. </font color>

Over-generalization, diversion, innuendo, pettiness,
narrow mindedness, lack of compassion,smug, mean-
spirited, self-righteousness. Have I missed any
conservative characteristics?

<font color="blue">The same could be said about liberals, it depends on "whose ox is being gored".
</font color>

<font color="blue"> When I 'jump in' I'll do as I darned well please, thank you.
</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

SF

SecaucusFats
01-25-2005, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It was ok though for you to post the "sum yung boi" remark, about someone that you don't even know.......
and now you are off on a tangent, over a "tongue-in-cheek"...no pun intended...remark...and of course had to put the "lib" tag on, which somehow explains someone's whole belief system to you.
Maybe you could give us a break...stick to your "copy and paste" posts.....we'll give you credit for recognising that they may be of some interest to the rest of us here.....and save your political, uh, commentary for the Arian Nation message board.
<font color="blue">Why the hissy-fit?

LOL, you launch a personal attack on me, infer that I must be a neo-nazi, and have the unmitigated gall to tell me what I should or should not post. When were you elected the 'ideological czar' of this board?
</font color>

Unless of course, you want to be the spokesman, for the ultra-radical right, on this board....in which case you'll have to compete with e8...or you two could collaborate, and maybe come up with something, based on facts,and then you wouldn't feel the need to resort to the primitive "fight or flight" syndrome, when your writings are exposed, for what they are............

<font color="blue">You wouldn't recognize the truth if it were plain as the nose on your face, because you don't care about facts, you only care about shooting the messenger. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>
BTW do you and the wolves dance merengue?

SF

eg8r
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Clarify yourself.

eg8r

SecaucusFats
01-25-2005, 05:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It was ok though for you to post the "sum yung boi" remark, about someone that you don't even know.......

<font color="blue">After reflecting on this I must admit that my comment was wrong, stupid, juvenile and undignified. I sincerely apologize to all and resolve to be more thoughtful in my choice of words. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

SF

glholzer
01-26-2005, 07:05 PM
PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!

If that don't sum up the situation - nothing does !!!!!

And here's some of the reasons:

COMMUNIST RULES FOR REVOLUTION (Captured at Dusseldorf in May 1919 by Allied Forces)

Corrupt the young; get them away from religion. Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial; destroy their ruggedness.

By specious argument cause the breakdown of old moral virtues; honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.

Encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of government toward such disorders.

Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.

Get people's minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books, plays, and other trivialities.

Get control of all means of publicity. (MSM &amp; academe)

Destroy the people's faith in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt, ridicule and obloquy (disgrace).

Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with a view to confiscation and leaving the population helpless.

They've been a workin the above and more for over 100 years. Too bad the once great Democrat party of pre-1890 bought it hook line and sinker. They admired Hitler's wonderful successes after all. They saw how much power could be had. That's why they ruled for 44 of the 48 years before 1981. Socialism buys them votes real good like.

The horror is that they are still at it like never before and their successes have been tremendously degenerative to the American ideals of our Founders. They've created an American population so well indoctrinated in socialism, without admitting the word socialism, that just under half our citizens still don't realize what we've lost as a nation.

Can anybody remotely estimate the opportunity cost to generations of American's wealth these socialists have cost us?

While I don't know the totals of all the entitlements, foreign aid w/o strings, the costs of the Demos massive Govt expansions (the early pre-Reagan economically clueless Reps are not off the hook here either - But JFK is), for the past hundred years - lets make a few assumptions: that it has cost Americans an average of $50 billion/yr for just the last 50 yrs. And also that Govt paper has given an average return of 4% during that time. And don't forget rates were at double digits during Carter.

From: http://www.studyfinance.com/lessons/timevalue/lesson06.mv

we find a factor of 152.67 for 50 year periods earning 4% compounded annually.

That $50 bil loss each of the last 50 years that Americans would otherwise would have had, cost the American people $7.63 TRILLION.

I can't find a hundred year annuity table - but we all know it's the time that contributes most. So going back the full hundred years would mean the real amount lost would be some large multiple of the $7.6 Trillion putting Americans at some large multiple of our current national wealth, debt free with much much lower taxes.

This single thing illustrates the extreme damage the left's embrace of socialism has cost us all, generation upon generation.

America's treasonous leftists refuse to be weaned off the revisionist self serving history learned in Govt schools. And Govt schools? - just another Commie manifesto plank.

So without the lefts bastardization of our constitution for naught but the left's retention of power has made us both stupid and much much poorer than we should be.

Bear in mind that the rest of the world bought socialism to a much greater extent then we have so far.

Also bear in mind that we ARE the richest nation in the world, in spite of the left's hew to socialism, which further proves how wrong the left has been.

Just think if our lifetime's contributions into SS had actually been invested in T-bills instead of having been used to keep the Demos in control while they spent every surplus penny buying the votes of ignorant dupes paid for by the sweat America's producers. We'd all be millionaires by now and each succesive generation would be wealthier than their parents were.

Another point worth remembering is that during times of low taxation, Americans have always stepped up to the plate as the most freely generous donators to charities. There would be no poor for the commies and their socialist followers to rile and divide.

Enjoy, Glenn

SnakebyteXX
01-26-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Claim: A list of "Communist Rules for Revolution" was discovered by Allied forces in Germany in 1919.

Origins: A time-honored ploy in the political arena has been to discredit your opponents (and their ideas) by demonizing them, by associating them with . . . well, demons. In the twentieth century, this has usually meant claiming that the ideas your opponents advocate were implemented by Nazis or Communists, or were recognized by them as means of "softening up" a country and making it ripe for totalitarian takeover. So, for example, if you believe the film industry should be more heavily regulated to prevent it from corrupting our youth, just point to this document and proclaim that the Communists came to power in Russia because the previous government had allowed callow youth to idle away their time watching "immoral movies."

As shown in the example above, this document is usually claimed to have been discovered "in May 1919 at Dusseldorf, Germany, by allied forces" and "first printed in the United States" in the Bartlesville, Oklahoma Examiner-Enterprise. Although the Examiner-Enterprise is a real newspaper, none of this rings true. Language about getting the young "interested in sex" and focusing their attention on "sexy books" and fretting about the "registration of all firearms" sound out of place for 1919. Even if this document really had been found in 1919, it's unlikely Americans would have found it alarming back then, when the German hun was still a much bigger bogeyman than the Russian communist. And not surprisingly, nobody has ever managed to turn up the mysterious issue of Examiner-Enterprise that supposedly printed it. When columnist Bob Greene checked out this piece with Russian specialists at the University of Chicago and Northwestern University in the mid-1980s, they said the list was "a total fraud," "an obvious fabrication," and "an implausible concoction of American fears and phobias." (Greene also wrote: "I always wanted to meet a communist who was carrying the list around, so I could ask him what 'obloquy' means.")

When The New York Times ran an article on this piece way back in 1970, it had already been circulating for about twenty-five years. The Times reported that neither the National Archives, the Library of Congress, nor university libraries had a copy of any such document. When Montana senator Lee Metcalf looked into the issue back then, he checked with the FBI, CIA, and the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee; found that "exhaustive research" had proved the rules to be "completely spurious"; and noted that "the extreme right also follows rules, one of which is to make maximum use of false, misleading and fear-inspiring quotations." Nonetheless, numerous Congressional members received copies of the rules list from alarmed constituents and, believing that nobody else was yet aware of them, continued to insert them into the Congressional Record.

The earliest known publication of these rules was in the periodical Moral Re-Armament in February 1946, and circulation of the list really took off after Florida state attorney George A. Brautigam endorsed them as true in 1954. (His "punishment" was that for many years afterward, printed versions of this list included his statement and signature appended at the bottom.) Even though the Soviet Union has since ceased to be, well into the 1990s the "Communist Rules for Revolution" have continued to be cited in newspaper editorials and letters to the editor as proof of our moral and political decay. As folklorist Jan Harold Brunvand wrote:

The rules have to do with dividing people into hostile groups, encouraging government extravagance, and fomenting "unnecessary" strikes in vital industries. What we have lost, the list suggests, is a world without dissent, budget deficits, inflation and labor unrest.
I just can't remember any such Golden Age.

<hr /></blockquote>

Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/language/document/commrule.htm)

glholzer
01-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh so elequent you are. But the reality is that your article was DESIGNED to enrage BOTH sides wasn't it?

What did you expect???

I don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors as that is THEIR own business. But when they specifically parade around like outlandish hetero baiters what do you expect. I certainly wouldn't want my pre-teens to witness such in your face preposterosity.

Arabs like Arafat would kill those gays in a heartbeat and yet the tolerant Israelis are demonized by the left.

Thank goodness the web has opened up a whole new learning center of history and fact previously denied in public schools who have been advancing the leftist agenda since their inception.

But actually, both sides delight in pissing off the other to elicit the most outrageous responses that can then be used against them. ???

As a fiscal conservative but still pretty liberal, i.e., I hate abortion but wouldn't preclude women from living with their own consciences if they have an abortion. From my own experience, it can really harm them physically and psycologically. Like the detriment of getting your adrenalin up but not using it up physically, the pregnant body is all hormoned up for the life within, but once aborted, the hormones are there but aren't being used for their intended purpose, as I understand it. I also support decriminalization, as jail is too costly to society for any but the violent.

The left is in their own dream world that thinks the utopian goal of equalizing resources between producers and non-producers (socialism) is attainable. History, and no that of the liberal revisionist public school textbook publisher's and teacher's kind, shows it to be an abject failure time and again, never realizing the true nature of man, and for which is why we have laws to compel civility. The USSR had anything but civility, except for the appearance of it in their staged propaganda. Their black market thrived and crime was/is rampant (much of it exported to us) for they denounced every moral code except loyalty to the State, or else.

The leftists are dead-enders full of decades of dillusion and the false promises of collectivism as RWR rightly esposed.

The good news is the tide is turning, albeit slowly, and as the commie truths revealed post Berlin wall, are making it well known at least on the net, even if not the MSM.

America's main problem remains the reluctance of politicians of both stripes to give up the deeply ingrained atrocity of the socialist practice buying votes with OPM and the power it buys them.

highsea
01-26-2005, 08:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote glholzer:</font><hr>America's main problem remains the reluctance of politicians of both stripes to give up the deeply ingrained atrocity of the socialist practice buying votes with OPM and the power it buys them.<hr /></blockquote>Yep. The Romans did it too. Bread and Circuses.

glholzer
01-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Snake you might be correct.

The fact is that even IF that list was made up, most of the commie agenda is represented there, even if parts are wrong.

Thats why they targeted unions, blacks and the poor, and ghetto immigrants already primed back home. Hell, the Euro classical liberals (free thinkers and free market advocates - the true liberals who eschewed oppresive statism, monarchies and dictatorships medling in them) were warning the evils of socialism as far back as 1780 in England.

Maybe that list is not authentic but most the ideology rings true. It was always their intent to take us from within because they knew we were still too strong to be taken in war. Their leaders made public quotes saying so.

Infiltrate all jobs of influence from the arts to media to academia to Govt. And a fine job they've accomplished. But, Venona vindicates McCarthy, Chambers, Nixon, J Edgar Hoover and all others that knew we were being undermined from within. Hiss and the Rosenbergs?? Stone cold commie traitors.

Some still believe, nay insist, that the Communist Party USA was all homegrown out of the ideolgies brought over by immigrants at the turn of the last century. Venona proves they took their marching orders from the Kremlin from day one.

The CPUSA de facto supported Kerry, just like they endorsed Kucinich, as they always support Dems when not running their own canidate. They have an office in every single state. They and every other socialist org., the WWP etc., aligns with America's leftists and visa versa, though it is NEVER admitted in public.

Democrats who spew Marx's manifesto plank "from those with the ability, to those with the need" like Hillary and Kucinich, must not think that conservative Americans understand the implication. I know the left gets the message - redistribution of incomes, yeah!!!!!

Rep Bernie Sanders VT (I) has no prob saying he's a socialist, and right on the house floor!!!!

Here's some quotes I've collected, enjoy.

Thomas Jefferson
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated. I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Mark Twain
The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivalry of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in time, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.

Frederic Bastiat
The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else.

William Boetcker
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer.
You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Milton Friedman
A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom.

Barry Goldwater
A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away.

Ayn Rand
Whoever claims the right to redistribute the wealth produced by others is claiming the right to treat human beings as chattel.

P. J. O'Rourke
The Tenth Commandment sends a message to socialists, to egalitarians, to people obsessed with fairness, to American presidential candidates in the year 2000 -- to everyone who believes that wealth should be redistributed. And that message is clear and concise: Go to Hell.

James Madison
With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a meta-morphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators. I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.

Samuel Adams
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

He therefore is the truest friend to the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue, and who, so far as his power and influence extend, will not suffer a man to be chosen into any office of power and trust who is not a wise and virtuous man...The sum of all is, if we would most truly enjoy this gift of Heaven, let us become a virtuous people.

Frederic Bastiat
Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Thus the beneficiaries are spared the shame and danger that their acts would otherwise involve... But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them and gives it to the other persons to whom it doesn't belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime. Then abolish that law without delay ... No legal plunder; this is the principle of justice, peace, order, stability, harmony and logic.

Sir Winston Churchill
The inherent vice of capitalism is the uneven division of blessings, while the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal division of misery.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word: equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.

Fredrich August von Hayek
The system of private property is the most important guaranty of freedom, not only for those who own property, but scarcely less for those who do not. I am certain that nothing has done so much to destroy the juridical safeguards of individual freedom as the striving after this mirage of social justice. When it becomes dominated by a collectivist creed, democracy will inevitably destroy itself.

Joseph Sobran
Can the real Constitution be restored? Probably not. Too many Americans depend on government money under programs the Constitution doesn't authorize, and money talks with an eloquence Shakespeare could only envy. Ignorant people don't understand The Federalist Papers, but they understand government checks with their names on them.

Nikita Khrushchev
We can't expect the American People to jump from Capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of Socialism, until they awaken one day to find that they have Communism.

Karl Marx
The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to Socialism.

My object in life is to dethrone God and destroy capitalism.

Walter Williams
Communism and socialism is seductive. It promises us that people will contribute according to ability and receive according to needs. Everybody is equal. Everybody has a right to decent housing, decent food and affordable medical care. History should have taught us that when we hear people talk this stuff -- watch out!

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Here is my principle: Taxes shall be levied according to ability to pay. That is the only American principle.

Frederic Bastiat
The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else.

H.G. Wells
The great trouble with you Americans is that you are still under the influence of that second-rate -- shall I say third-rate? -- mind, Karl Marx.

Calvin Coolidge
Liberty is not collective, it is personal. All liberty is individual liberty.

Bertrand de Jouvenel
A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves.

Josef Stalin
America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.

Walter Williams
Communism and socialism is seductive. It promises us that people will contribute according to ability and receive according to needs. Everybody is equal. Everybody has a right to decent housing, decent food and affordable medical care. History should have taught us that when we hear people talk this stuff -- watch out!

C. L. De Montesquieu
The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles on which it was founded.

Elmer Davis
The Republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it ... This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

Alan Dershowitz
Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the constitution by claiming itís not an individual right or that itís too much of a safety hazard donít see the danger of the big picture. Theyíre courting disaster by encouraging others to use this same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they donít like.

Dianne Feinstein
Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.

Janet Reno
Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal. Gun registration is not enough.

Ronald Reagan
The NRA believes America's laws were made to be obeyed, and that our Constitutional liberties are just as important today as 200 years ago. And by the way, the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says 'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

Milton Friedman
The most unresolved problem of the day is precisely the problem that concerned the founders of this nation: how to limit the scope and power of government. Tyranny, restrictions on human freedom, come primarily from governmental restrictions that we ourselves have set up.

Hubert H. Humphrey
Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms.... The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible.

Thomas Jefferson
A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement.

SnakebyteXX
01-27-2005, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh so elequent you are. But the reality is that your article was DESIGNED to enrage BOTH sides wasn't it?
<hr /></blockquote>

Depends on your definition of 'elequence'? If you consider providing absolutely ZERO editorial comment in the post you cite and simply linking the article to its original author to be 'elequent' then I suppose you're right.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors as that is THEIR own business. But when they specifically parade around like outlandish hetero baiters what do you expect. I certainly wouldn't want my pre-teens to witness such in your face preposterosity.
<hr /></blockquote>

Checked out any of the "Girls Gone Wild" videos lately? The one(s) done at the Mardi Gras in New Orleans might be of particular interest. I wonder if they couldn't be construed by some as 'parad(ing) around like outlandish homo baiters"? Personally, I prefer my 'preposterosity' in the form of college girls publicly exposing their breasts - but that's just me.

To each his own.

Snake

SnakebyteXX
01-27-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Snake you might be correct.

The fact is that even IF that list was made up, most of the commie agenda is represented there, even if parts are wrong.

<hr /></blockquote> I assume this means you plan to keep using this piece of tripe as if it were gospel as long as it forewords your agenda? I mean, "IF that list was made up" (a hoax) it's ALL wrong - not just 'parts'. But, by all means, don't let the facts stand in your way.

On the other hand, "IF that list was made up" (a hoax) one would imagine a duty of care to expose it for the bogus document that it is - not cherry pick it for your favorite parts.

[ QUOTE ]
glholzer: copy - paste - copy - paste even more - copy - paste even more - ad infinitum - ad nauseam <hr /></blockquote>

Wow! All this time I thought I was the penultimate copy/paste w.h.o.r.e. I hereby pass my crown to you bud and hang my copy/pasting head in shame...

Snake