PDA

View Full Version : DFW tournaments

Race2-9
05-26-2002, 03:30 PM
Can someone tell me a location or listing of the Fri, Sat, or Sun tournaments in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Prefer 9-ball but will play about anything. Thanks

rackmup
05-26-2002, 05:20 PM
go to www.playpool.com. (http://www.playpool.com.)

Click on tourney finder.

There are tourneys at Click's, Hawley's, Speed's, and others on the nights you listed.

Regards,

Ken

Ken
05-26-2002, 08:35 PM
Ken, I don't think that the Playpool tourney finder includes smaller tournaments. Then don't have anything within 500 miles of Dallas for the next year.
KenCT

rackmup
05-27-2002, 05:51 AM
...just found that out myself!

What he CAN do is enter the "Poolhall Finder" and check out the rooms with websites. They might list local tourneys there (except Speed's and Click's in Arlington...ever since suspending daily flat rates and charging for a glass of water, their websites are down. I smell money problems...)

One thing I really miss about Phoenix...we had two billiard papers (published monthly and FREE to the public!) that listed all of the BIG and little tournaments in the state.

Regards,

Ken

05-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Please dont forget CJ Wileys tournament on June 1st/2nd. 55 showed up last time, including players such as Jeremy Jones, Paul Guernsey, Shannon Bryant, Scotty Townsend, and others. Calcutta. Race to 9. Rack your own balls. 4 1/2 X 9 tables. Unknown if John McChesney will run this tournament. (Please Forgive any spelling errors.)

rackmup
05-27-2002, 04:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Unknown if John McChesney will run this tournament.<hr></blockquote>

MrSmiley,

Why wouldn't he? I thought it was his "gig."

05-28-2002, 12:45 AM
I think Mcchesney will run the tournaments if the players continue to show up. It may be cost prohibitive, in the event the tournament begins to dwindle. I certainly hope he is in for the long haul-he makes the tournament run very smoothly.