PDA

View Full Version : Greg Sullivan had a Heart attack

Brad
01-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Just heard Greg Sullivan of Diamond had a heart attack. Not sure if it was during a tourney set-up, but I hear he's doing fine, and will be out of the hospital in a couple of days.

jjinfla
01-19-2005, 11:42 AM
How old is Greg? I am scheduled for a cardiac Cath next week.

Jake

RUNaRAK
01-19-2005, 11:49 AM
It must have happened after Saturday because he was there that evening. I wish him the best.
Get well soon Greg..

GeraldG
01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> How old is Greg? I am scheduled for a cardiac Cath next week.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake,
Is that for arteriography or angiography or angioplasty? I hope everything is OK.

jjinfla
01-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Flunked the stress test so now they have to check what, where and how much blockage I have. Perhaps insert a stent.

Jake

GeraldG
01-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Good luck, man. I'm pulling for you. I hope they come back and say "You're fine, get outta here."

Mr Ingrate
01-19-2005, 03:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr>
Flunked the stress test so now they have to check what, where and how much blockage I have. Perhaps insert a stent.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>
Hi Jake,

I've had five angio procedures resulting in two stents. It's been 10 years since the first stent was put in and 6 years since the second. Don't let them just do an angioplasty, insist on a stent. Good luck.

jjinfla
01-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Hi Dave,

You're the bionic man.

In yesterday's Orlando Sentinel they had an article about a new procedure. A CT Coronary Angiography - a cat scan - that photographs the heart and allows the surgeon to see where and how much blockage there is. It is non-invasive and more accurate then the stress test. Had I known of this prior to the stress test I would have opted for this.

Price of stress test and CT Coronary Angiography is about $1,000 each while the Cardiac Catherization is about $6,000.

Of course since I now most likely need a stent I will need the cath.

This CT procedure is offered in Mt. Dora which is only about 25 miles from my Doctor so I am very dissappointed with him for not offering that option. Only 3 in the State.

And since I do have a pension, and did not apply for VA benefits before Jan 2003, I am not allowed to receive VA benefits and go to the Veteran's Hospital. Just shows that some Veterans are more equal than others.

Jake

JimS
01-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Any more word about Greg Sullivan?

jjinfla
01-21-2005, 04:49 AM
Does Greg still make pool related Jewelry? My teammate has a pin made by him.

Jake