PDA

View Full Version : 81 strokes away from a perfect game!!

Drake
05-26-2002, 04:07 PM
Many people spend many hours searching for that "Par 72" round of Golf. If a golf player were to birdie every hole he would achieve a perfect score of 54. Now, let's switch over to OUR passion of choice. A player breaking and running 9 consecutive racks with no misses. If a player makes a ball on the break every rack and pockets the eight balls remaining........81 perfect strokes. Thinking of pool this way makes me realize the importance of every single shot.

Rod
05-28-2002, 03:08 AM
Drake, I guess since I did that in 73 strokes or less, I don't remember except except 1 nine on the break, that is better than perfect? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Every shot is important, more common is more emphasis is put on the later shots. I'm guilty as hell now about doing just as you suggested, but then I don't play 20 or more hrs a week. Golf can be more perfect than birdies, it's just no one has done it yet.
Wait and see some one in the near future will shoot a 58, in tournament play to break that ancient 59 record. Not perfect, but it will get the money. Lets see that record is held by Al Geiberger, mr 59, David Duval and Annika Sorenstam. They hit um pretty good!