PDA

View Full Version : Can you hustle your way to $20,000???

nolimit9ball
01-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Mars Callahan, writer, director and star of “Poolhall Junkies” and Sokolobl Entertainment bring the exciting world of pool hustling to TV with a brand new series entitled “No Limit 9 Ball.”

In each episode, four players use OUR money to bet, shoot, and hustle their way to the $20,000 grand prize!

Producers will be at looking for contestants to participate in the first round of shows. If you have:

• Great Pool Playing Skills
• A stellar, outgoing personality
• The ability to hustle under pressure
• The desire to win $20,000

Then you are just what we need. We will have an open audition at:
DANNY K’s
1096 N. Main Street, Orange, CA 92867
Saturday, January 22nd from 2:00-5:00PM

For information call 1-213-534-3029 or
visit www.nolimit9ball.com (http://www.nolimit9ball.com)

landshark77
01-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Any plans on open calls in Washington, DC? Also this is amatures only? How do you define Pro?

Thanx.

tateuts
01-19-2005, 08:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nolimit9ball:</font><hr> • A stellar, outgoing personality

<hr /></blockquote>

Well, that eliminates me.

ras314
01-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Let me pick the other players? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

superstroke
01-20-2005, 03:21 AM
cool, I missed the one in Hollywood. I'll be at this one. A few people I know were in the original pilot.

jjinfla
01-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Will Keith be there?

Jake

ceebee
01-20-2005, 10:12 AM
"HIGH STAKES 9-Ball" would be a better tag, than "No Limit". "No Limit" means exactly what it infers. Since the winnings are capped out at $20,000, that is a "limitation".

No one is gonna bet $65k or $200K to win $20K... that would be "NO LIMIT"...

But, I too am excited about the possibilty of some gambling on Pool Games on TV. There isn't much action in the POKER arena, but there is certainly a lot of emotion, when you see Negreanu push out 1.5 million with "2" 6s.

Adding in the YOW-YOWING between players, comments from the sweaters and the stakehorses will be electrifying to me, because I like that sort of thing.

I don't like the term "POOL SHARKS" being used by the MARS CALLAHAN bunch. The Billiard World is trying to reface it's image and some folks want to smear some S**T back on the new picture. POOL HALL JUNKIES was a movie about ignorance and how it can be personified.

If the Billiard World wants to enjoy the same benefits the Golfing World enjoys, the Billiard World should follow their lead or at least some of the leads.

SPetty
01-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Would you mind telling us who you are and what connection you have with the show?

dingle
01-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey, the web page for www.nolimit9ball.com (http://www.nolimit9ball.com) changed and now there's just a phone number. What gives?

moondawggy73
01-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I think tv and hollywood in general reward those with outgoing and dynamic personalities. I was flown to LA to meet the producers of the JOE MILLONARE show in hopes of being cast. They paid for all of it so I went.

Its too bad I was so shy in high school, probably one of the reasons I wasnt chosen. Thats one of the things that pool has helped me with. With confidence and belief in yourself anything is possible. I used to get made fun of a lot back in teen yrs but I am so lucky not to waste my time making others look bad so I can shine. If I cant preform well enough on my own I dont want the victory. Its a much better feeling. I just try to stay positive

nolimit9ball
01-20-2005, 02:53 PM
GREAT RESPONSES ALREADY.

Here is some more information. My name is Austyn, and I am the casting direcotr and one of the producers of the show.

The title of the show MAY be changed, but the working title is no-limit 9 ball because a player can bet any and all of his money during the show. Each contestant is given $5,000 to start the show, there is no buy-in. You play with OUR money.

I COMPLETELY AGREE with the anti-pool sharks remarks. Although there will be trash talking, we DO NOT want to portray pool players as shady people.

By the way, don't worry, this isn't one of those hollywood "pretty people only" shows. We want to show all of the variances in people playing pool today. That said, you will need to have an outgoing personality though so the audience can at least hear you....lol

I still need some ideas and help getting the word out, so if you have any ideas, PLEASE call me at 1-877-GSN-POOL ext.709

and the website has been fixed, new information is on it.

THANKS GUYS...
Play on
Austyn

larrynj1
01-20-2005, 03:17 PM
austyn,

here is a link to the men's professional tour organization.
i suggest you contact them if you haven't already done so.

http://www.upatour.org/

here's the women's pro site -

http://www.wpba.com/cms/?pid=1000205

SPetty
01-20-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't know the time frame you're looking at, but there's going to be a huge contingency of amateur pool players descending on Valley Forge, PA at the Super Billiards Expo in March. If you could swing a "business trip" there, you could walk amongst the masses and find quite a few that would meet your criteria.

nolimit9ball
01-20-2005, 04:30 PM
We are trying to find more amatuer players than pro players. And i will DEFINITELY hit up the expo in March. thanks

landshark77
01-20-2005, 06:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nolimit9ball:</font><hr> We are trying to find more amatuer players than pro players. And i will DEFINITELY hit up the expo in March. thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Would pro players be able to qualify for the show? How do you define a pro player and is there any possability for a Washington, DC area casting call/ audition in the near future? Thanx.

Popcorn
01-22-2005, 07:29 PM
"Although there will be trash talking, we DO NOT want to portray pool players as shady people.

By the way, don't worry, this isn't one of those hollywood "pretty people only" shows. We want to show all of the variances in people playing pool today."

Of course this is just my opinion but I was just watching I believe it is called World Series black jack on the GSN. Let me say it is absolute awful, and all but un-watchable. With the weirdly portrayed characters and phony contrived trash talk in the most simple words, it stunk. Who is the audience you are shooting for with this stuff, not actual card players I can't imagine. I hate to reuse words but the obviously contrived nature of the show seems like it is almost embarrassing to the participants. The pool show is still in the planning stage but if it is to be anything like this it will be an embarrassment to what is a wonderful sport. I know pool players always seem to feel like anything is better then nothing and they have to just take what they can get. If your pool show is to be anything like the black jack show it will be another sad day for the sport. Having said that, I wish you luck and hope you and the GSN try to show the sport as least a little of the dignity it deserves. I am sorry, but with shows like American dream derby I am not optimistic. I liked your channel when you just showed reruns of old game shows. Most of your original programming is simply awful. But then again maybe your attmpt at pool show will be better.