PDA

View Full Version : Moments We Live For

SecaucusFats
01-19-2005, 07:38 PM
It's happened to you and its happened me. We've given them and we've received them.

This is a crucial match, something of value is at stake. It could be a team playoff, or a Vegas match, money, pride etc. You're wound up tight and of course your opponent is the guy or gal who has been getting the best of you lately.

You want this game so bad that...man you can taste it. A very fine bead of sweat has by now formed on your upper lip, your hands are clammy, your azz is puckered up tight and you're ready to rock..game on.

Guy breaks (8 ball), makes two and safes. Tough safe, but..there is a shot, a tough offensive kick.

Your opponent sees the possibility of a kick, but it's a low percentage shot. You come up to the table like you've got fricking laser beams shooting out of your eyes see the shot, shoot, make and proceed to run out in 2 minutes or less. You look at your opponent and see a deer caught in the headlights of a tractor trailer.

The next thing you know it's you've won the rquired number of games;it's over, but you can't recall it because you were so far into the zone. I think it's like that thing that makes all the saints and dervishes ecstatic.

Everybody's talking about how you played and you don't remember, all you know is you won. Then you go and shake the other person's hand (and help him or her recover their jaw from the floor).

C'mon ain't that why we all play? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SF

Vagabond
01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
You have every right ,under US Constitution, to live in a dream land.Dream on.....
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
01-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Heck Fats, that feeling was the whole reason for me playing pool once beginning pains were over. Made no difference who was the opponent or the money on the individual game. It did help if I couldn't afford to lose much.

Now in my dotage I am trying to recover the feeling, so far no luck. Pool now is just fun, no big high.

loofnicnad
01-20-2005, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr>

C'mon ain't that why we all play? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SF

<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, that's the feeling that I think we all search for, seldom find, and remember every time we watch someone else experience.