PDA

View Full Version : Pool music?

nAz
01-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Heres something to help you shot better /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I dont know I rather listen to some Led Zed and some floyd, how about?

"Night Angles", the MoHop debut album of the foxy MoHop MUSICTM duo JeLL, combines themes of night vibes and shootin' pool with the "girl group" harmonies, upbeat melodies and sweet high-energy stick-in-your-mind hooks of motown in a mix spiced with the boom-bass, urban style, hot instrumental, jazzy riffs and sassy vocals of pop music and hip hop.

http://www.insidepool.com/order/images/jell.jpg

landshark77
01-19-2005, 08:41 PM
A crappy sold out capitalistic attempt at trying to sell music, IMO.

Vagabond
01-20-2005, 05:46 AM
Hey my friend nAz,
I am a country boy and I don`t understand what u are talking.What kind/category they all fall under.It certainly ain`t Tear Jerkers.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimS
01-20-2005, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> A crappy sold out capitalistic attempt at trying to sell music, IMO. <hr /></blockquote>
Tap. Tap. Tap. ! ! !

Stow the freakin music. I hate playing where music is playin. We've got a new pool hall in town, the first one in 30 years and I've stopped going because I'll be dammed if I'm going to listen to that crap turned up to 10 while I'm shooting pool. Screw it. I'll stay home and practice.

landshark77
01-20-2005, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> A crappy sold out capitalistic attempt at trying to sell music, IMO. <hr /></blockquote>
Tap. Tap. Tap. ! ! !

Stow the freakin music. I hate playing where music is playin. We've got a new pool hall in town, the first one in 30 years and I've stopped going because I'll be dammed if I'm going to listen to that crap turned up to 10 while I'm shooting pool. Screw it. I'll stay home and practice. <hr /></blockquote>

Well actually I prefer to shoot with music playing...and loud music at that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif However, that Jell crap just doesn't cut it. They are a gimmick. I hate it when music is gimmicky.

BLACKHEART
01-20-2005, 09:18 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifI'm 63 years old,but I love to play pool with "SHAGGY" playing in the background. As soon as I get to the hall, I put a dollar in the box &amp; play "IT WASN'T ME" &amp; somebody will say, "JERRY'S HERE"...JER

ceebee
01-20-2005, 09:33 AM
I too am 63 years old. I play POOL in my blue jean overalls &amp; a baseball cap. If George Strait, Merle Haggard or Alan jackson is playing sofly in the background, I might run the table 2 or 3 times.

With RAP CRAP being played at 100+ decibals, at my crummy poolroom, I may not get out from the snap, but I might.

SPetty
01-20-2005, 12:15 PM
The last couple of times I practiced, I punched in (Don't Fear) The Reaper on my jukebox over and over. Really getting off on that cowbell!

DickLeonard
01-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Jim I have told anyone who would listen to me. That playing straight pool is done with a dance rythymn. It is a waltz beat not a jitterbug. If music is not playing, try a head set with a classical touch. Walk around the table with a dance routine,picking up the chalk,putting it down,etc. Musack background music turned on low creates the perfect dance music.

You will find your body will perform at its peak when you have stored the music in your body and can put it on your internal record player when ever you need it.####

nAz
01-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey Dick, how are you doing? next time try a little Bolero by Revel it works for me although it sometimes drives me crazy... man that poor drummer!

nAz
01-21-2005, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Hey my friend nAz,
I am a country boy and I don`t understand what u are talking.What kind/category they all fall under.It certainly ain`t Tear Jerkers.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yo Vagabond hows it hanging? I have no idea what kind of musical genre that is, i may have to scour the net and find an MP3 of it. who knows maybe it will work /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nhp
01-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I heard these two ladies sing at the UPA Championship earlier this month. They both actually have pretty good voices. They are pretty hot, too. I can't count how many pool players were trying to pick up on them after finishing a match. I think Tang did the best with them.

Stretch
01-21-2005, 05:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hey Dick, how are you doing? next time try a little Bolero by Revel it works for me although it sometimes drives me crazy... man that poor drummer! <hr /></blockquote>

When you find your rythm you can realy play that's for sure. In that regard, one could call Pool a "Performance Art". St ~~no Fred Astair of Pool, but thinks ballroom danceing might help....oh the things i do in the name of pool~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dbankjr
01-22-2005, 03:00 AM
1&gt; Main Street by Bob Seger of course
2&gt; Anything by Lynyrd Skynrd or Little Feat

JimS
01-22-2005, 07:15 AM
I'd entertain the idea of wearing headphones with some Miles Davis Kind of Blue playing but the dammed juke box would drown it out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ....just an old fart lost in the blues.

DickLeonard
01-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Jim wearing ear plugs like hunters use does no good, because unless your deaf your body has combined the feel of the cue tip and the sound of tip hitting the cueball/####

mksmith713
01-22-2005, 11:00 AM
I play in a weekly tournament that has a DJ playing, taking requests.
MOst of the players are young, upper teens and lower twent somethings.
The worst aprt of the entire tournament is that stuff they call music playing so damnned loud you can't even think.
And the bands, with names like "Mangled Baby Ducks, Dog Vomit, Painful Rectal Itch".
I don't know if that's the real names but I figure these names work fine because that's what the music sounds like.

I bring my own MP-3 player and have to use full headphones and it still doesn't drown the music out comlptely...But it helps.

DickLeonard
01-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Stretch your right about getting the right dance step. I remember when Brysnowkov was selected as the fittest athelete. Yes a Ballet Dancer.####