PDA

View Full Version : Costco has a deal on flash lights.

Chopstick
01-20-2005, 01:45 PM
I just went to Costco with a friend. I never went in there before. I bought a 10 million candle power spot light for my boat for $26. I was looking at the very same light at Boaters World for $80. My friend took his out into the street to try it out last night. he shined it down the street and the people at the end of the street came out of there house to see what it was, so I guess it works pretty good. $26 is a deal on this light.

SnakebyteXX
01-20-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bought a 10 million candle power spot light for my boat for $26. <hr /></blockquote>

I bought one of those Costco specials last summer. The light is really intense - for about 10 to 15 minutes and then it quickly loses power. After 15 minutes it's about as powerful as a normal flashlight and after 20 it starts to dim out entirely.

Mine came with a recharger. I keep it recharged and only use it when I need a super bright light for a very short time.

Snake

SPetty
01-20-2005, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> I ... only use it when I need a super bright light for a very short time. <hr /></blockquote>They're sometimes good for answering "What the hell is that dog barking at?" types of questions. We caught eyeball reflections deep in the woods with it one time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Saw the tail end of a big snake another time. We rudely shined it on a great big owl once.