PDA

View Full Version : George Fels book wanted

dmgwalsh
01-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Winning Straight Pool: As Taught by the Game's Greatest Players
by George Fels

Has anybody read this book? Any opinion on it?

Know where it can be found?

George, if you are lurking, is this book available?

Dennis

01-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes, I'm "lurking"; unfortunately, there is no such book. The title was one of a series planned by Eddie Robin which would utilize me as editor, but the project never came off. If it's a good straight-pool book you're after, a lot of people appreciate Art Cranfield's "The Straight Pool Bible", and immodestly, I like my own "Advanced Pool." Thanks for your inquiry; sorry the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear. GF

nAz
01-23-2005, 06:50 PM
hey there GF, How you doing?
No wonder Amazon or BN never has it in stock! lol

dmgwalsh
01-24-2005, 04:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 071838:</font><hr> Yes, I'm "lurking"; unfortunately, there is no such book. The title was one of a series planned by Eddie Robin which would utilize me as editor, but the project never came off. If it's a good straight-pool book you're after, a lot of people appreciate Art Cranfield's "The Straight Pool Bible", and immodestly, I like my own "Advanced Pool." Thanks for your inquiry; sorry the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear. GF
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the info and the recommendations. I already have the books you mentioned. I'll have to reread them and see if anything sticks.

By the way, I was watching a tape of a straight pool clinic given by Rolando Aravena last night. In that tape, he mentions your book and tape on straight pool and the concept of the A, B, C, and D balls. Dennis

Deeman2
01-24-2005, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 071838:</font><hr> Yes, I'm "lurking"; unfortunately, there is no such book. The title was one of a series planned by Eddie Robin which would utilize me as editor, but the project never came off. If it's a good straight-pool book you're after, a lot of people appreciate Art Cranfield's "The Straight Pool Bible", and immodestly, I like my own "Advanced Pool." Thanks for your inquiry; sorry the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear. GF
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the info and the recommendations. I already have the books you mentioned. I'll have to reread them and see if anything sticks.

By the way, I was watching a tape of a straight pool clinic given by Rolando Aravena last night. In that tape, he mentions your book and tape on straight pool and the concept of the A, B, C, and D balls. Dennis <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> You might enjoy George's book, "How would you play this." I have an autographed copy so you can't have mine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman
named after Dee Fondy, bet GF knows who I'm talking about....

01-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Oh, let's see: Cubs first baseman of the early '50s, batted left, threw left, ran like a deer. THAT Dee Fondy? Never heard of him. GF

dmgwalsh
01-24-2005, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
<font color="blue"> You might enjoy George's book, "How would you play this." I have an autographed copy so you can't have mine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman
named after Dee Fondy, bet GF knows who I'm talking about.... <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks- Got that one, too...and "Pool simplified,Somewhat" and "Mastering Pool", and "A smarter way to play Pool". Just have to learn from them, I guess. D

PQQLK9
01-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Being an old Dodger fan I remember this ...

"Dee Fondy was the last player to bat in
Ebbets Field in Brooklyn "

Deeman2
01-24-2005, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 071838:</font><hr> Oh, let's see: Cubs first baseman of the early '50s, batted left, threw left, ran like a deer. THAT Dee Fondy? Never heard of him. GF <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">You got me again George. The first time I was living in Detroit and you guessed it's origin without even knowing the last name, remember? Hope you are doing well. I still treasure the one pocket book you sent me. People keep trying to borrow or steal it.

Deeman </font color>
used to be GF's straight man....but only a few old timers got the jokes...

DickLeonard
01-28-2005, 06:55 AM
PoolK9 this little bit of useless info you might enjoy. The Flag Pole at the Fire House in Bolton Landing,Ny on Lake George was from the Polo Grounds, home of the NY Giants now the San Fransico Giants. There is a Plaque at the base of the Flag. How they got it is another Question.####