PDA

View Full Version : Snow is coming!

dg-in-centralpa
01-21-2005, 07:28 PM
We are expecting our first major snowfall of the year tomorrow thru Sunday. Original forecast was for 10 - 20 inches. Now it's been downgraded to 6 - 10 or 7 - 14 inches depending on which radio station you listen to. I'm not looking forward to it. To make matters worse, a flat roof on my rental property developed a leak. I have it fixed temporarily, but will have to wait 'til a warm day to replace the roof. But I do have plenty of coffee, beer, and whiskey.

DG - ready in case I get snowed in

SPetty
01-21-2005, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> We are expecting our first major snowfall of the year tomorrow thru Sunday. ... But I do have plenty of coffee, beer, and whiskey. <hr /></blockquote>Our high temperature today was 79 degrees.

I, too, have plenty of coffee, beer and whiskey. And tequila. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
01-21-2005, 08:57 PM
I see pictures and hear about it on the weather report... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
01-22-2005, 07:48 AM
When it's raining or snowing, you can't fix the roof.
When it's sunny and dry, the roof doesn't leak. No problem!

You can enjoy the coffee, beer and whisky on any day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
01-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Well Duane, I bet you've already got a couple inches on the ground now 'cause it's snowing like crazy here.

I went to the store at 8 am this morning and it was packed! Then I had to go get the Allie Kat from the Vet cause she got spayed yesterday. It started snowing when I was driving ome at 10 am. Got about 3 loads of wood for the stove and just started a fire. Pete got called into work today so I'm hoping he'll be home around 2.

Bundle up and get out the hot chocolate cause it's going to be here a while!!

I just hope this doesn't affect Carol's charity event too much today.

Barbara

Barbara
01-22-2005, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I see pictures and hear about it on the weather report... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

B*tch!!

I'll send ya a snowball!!

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
01-22-2005, 09:29 AM
SPetty,
I'm hopping a plane shortly for warm weather. It's 9 degrees right now with 20 - 30 mph winds coming tonight. Gusts up to 45 mph. I'll be snowed in for a couple days due to drifting.

DG - wishing for warm weather

dg-in-centralpa
01-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I told my tenant the same thing but he didn't see the humor.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
01-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Barbara - it's snowing like crazy here as well. We are expecting 12-18 inches with drifting. In the worst of the storm, we should get 1-2 inches an hour. I cancelled my appointments for today. No sense in going out in this weather. Best wishes to Pete for a safe return home. Even tho' we live in this climate, so many people forget how to drive in snow. They think it's like normal driving. I'd love to smack some sense into them. Last I heard, New York is to have blizzard like conditions. I, too, wish Carol the best.

DG - wishing the best to the Eagles and Steelers

Barbara
01-22-2005, 09:36 AM
And the Falcons are coming to town today...

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
01-22-2005, 09:43 AM
They should have been here a coule days ago to practice in the cold weather.

DG - not an Eagles fan but betting they will win

Voodoo Daddy
01-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Snow...hmmmm, I bet its nice to look at but NO FUN AT ALL to shovel, walk or get around in general in. Been a few years since I seen snow but I'd trade it for 180+MPH winds that hurricanes bring us in the Sunshine State.

Voodoo~~~its 72 and sunny in the south, jealous?

p.s...Falcons may lose but New England will warm up the field against the Steelers /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Voodoo - you're right. It's no fun to get around in. The town where I live, does an inadequate job of removing the snow. I work in town and people will shovel a parking place for themself and then put a chair or something in it as a marker. Don't dare to move it or you'll have a damaged vehicle. One major concern we have with shoveling, is older people do not take their time, and end up having heart attacks.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
01-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Barbara - how did you make out with the storm? We got about 8 inches. At noon they were calling for 12-18 inches. I hope it's done. My 14 year old daughter is having 2 of her girlfriends over for the night. They were expecting to get snowed in at my place for a couple days. All they do is giggle and talk a mile a minute. God I don't know if I'll get any sleep tonight.

DG - shoot me now before I go insane

Barbara
01-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Duane,

We got about 10 inches. The winds start tomorrow. Can't wait until the Eagles game. The field at the Lincoln Center is heated at about 65 degrees. The Falcons came in early at 10 am instead of 5 pm. It's friggin cold - -3 wind chill now.

And as Diane from Cheers has always predicted, "Oh c'mon! You know a Falcon can't beat an Eagle!".

So Pete is playing with his new two-stage Troybuilt (turbo-charged, hoo hoo hoo) snowblower the NJ State Lottery bought him this fall. It's great!! He's gone up and down the block a bit and helped out a couple of the elderly neighbors while learning how to use it. The only problem is, the handles are too low for him and it pulls his back out a bit. I'm sure he'll be working on a rig for that. Tomorrow I get to learn how to use it too, but I have to follow up with a shovel for now.

Take care Duane and all you folks in the path of the storm!!

Barbara

cueball1950
01-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Well so far i have 8 inches in my driveway. And it is still coming down like blue blazes, what ever that means,. but anyway. it is so light and flufy up here in the snow belt cuz of the cold. High today was 3 above. almost swimming weather. with the wind chill it is a balmy 25 below. Like i said, not to bad. it is also our 1st major storm of the winter. Now to get rid of it all. since it is so light and fluffy, i wonder if my leaf blower will be the way to go. Gotta give that a try. beats shoveling the walk way and the ramp.......everybody stay warm and if you are shoveling..take it easy.........................mike