PDA

View Full Version : Excelsior! some justice for Stan Lee?

nAz
01-21-2005, 08:54 PM
By Jesse Hiestand

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Comic book legend Stan Lee could be in for a monster payday after a Manhattan judge ruled that Marvel Enterprises had unfairly deprived him of profits generated by "Spider-Man" and other characters over the past seven years.

Lee's attorney Howard Graff said U.S. District Court Judge Robert Sweet's decision to enforce Lee's 10% profit participation could amount to tens of millions of dollars, as the court noted that the first "Spider-Man" movie alone has yielded more than $50 million (26.8 million pounds) to Marvel.

"The foundation of (Marvel) was based on characters he created, and to have to ultimately sue to enforce an agreement under which they were supposed to give him his fair share was very disturbing," Graff said. "We're certainly hoping that Marvel, after they recover from the sting of this decision, will determine that it's time to own up to its obligations to Mr. Lee."

Added the 82-year-old Lee, "I am very gratified by the judge's decision, although, since I am deeply fond of Marvel and the people there, I sincerely regret that this situation had to come to this."
Full story (http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=6 57323)

I think he deserve the money, Marvel should have compensated him years ago for he has done for them.