PDA

View Full Version : Life begins...again.

Voodoo Daddy
01-22-2005, 09:48 AM
After a 18 month sabatical, I have started to play pool again. I began hitting balls 2 Sundays ago and felt like I wasnt missing much of my stroke, of course my eyes told a different story. For my 40th B-Day, the powers that be stripped me of my lazer-type vision and replaced it with what seems to be a form of "2nd Childhood eyes". I can laugh at this because it I'm not vain, I will wear glasses to read...I'm fortunate that it didnt affect my 9' vision.

I also noticed that I stand a little different, the muscle memory apparently forgot how I once stood and this new stance seems to benifit me. I noticed that I will not hit the ball harder than medium speed nor do I spin the rock as much either, I'm not sure if those are confidence matters or a maturity matters...more to come on that. I noticed that I blank out the music and the chatter easier than ever and my ability of thinking of nothing has really flurished.

Overall, it looks like my game may show its evil head once again...but better /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Voodoo~~~happiness comes from within

Tom_In_Cincy
01-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Wecome back.. I know you'll be a threat sooner or later.. and you don't get the breaks and 8-7....

Karatemom
01-22-2005, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Wecome back.. I know you'll be a threat sooner or later.. and you don't get the breaks and 8-7.... <hr /></blockquote> I'll give him the breaks and 8-7, hahaha, but he's got to come here.

Glad to see you back, Voodoo. You have been missed.

Heide

Voodoo Daddy
01-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks K-Mom...check your PM's, will ya?

Stretch
01-22-2005, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> After a 18 month sabatical, I have started to play pool again. I began hitting balls 2 Sundays ago and felt like I wasnt missing much of my stroke, of course my eyes told a different story. For my 40th B-Day, the powers that be stripped me of my lazer-type vision and replaced it with what seems to be a form of "2nd Childhood eyes". I can laugh at this because it I'm not vain, I will wear glasses to read...I'm fortunate that it didnt affect my 9' vision.

I also noticed that I stand a little different, the muscle memory apparently forgot how I once stood and this new stance seems to benifit me. I noticed that I will not hit the ball harder than medium speed nor do I spin the rock as much either, I'm not sure if those are confidence matters or a maturity matters...more to come on that. I noticed that I blank out the music and the chatter easier than ever and my ability of thinking of nothing has really flurished.

Overall, it looks like my game may show its evil head once again...but better /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Voodoo~~~happiness comes from within <hr /></blockquote>

Welcome back Voodoo! I'm in the Orlando area twice a year now, i'm sure i'll get down your way eventually. Glad you've taken up the cue again. Feels good don't it /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.

Voodoo Daddy
01-22-2005, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> Welcome back Voodoo! I'm in the Orlando area twice a year now, i'm sure i'll get down your way eventually. Glad you've taken up the cue again. Feels good don't it /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St. <hr /></blockquote>

Damn skippy it does...Thanks for asking me Stretch /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif, it really does feel good. Orlando isnt that far...we'll try to hook up, ok?

cueball1950
01-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Big Poppa....welcome home. I hope your temporary sabatical from pool was a good one. We all missed your posting on here and we sure missed you at the open get together. Hopefully you will be able to make it back to visit us this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mike

CarolNYC
01-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah,Yeah,yeah, talk -the -talk well walk- the- walk! Bring it to Valley Forge /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Seriously, Im glad your back and it was nice hearing your voice-it may have been awhile, but it was just like yesterday!

Carol~knows Voodoo got game /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif