PDA

View Full Version : A good night at the poker tables

stickman
01-22-2005, 11:32 PM
It wasn't as satisfying as a good night on the pool tables, but satisfying all the same. Of course it could be that I got points and not cash. I played in a holdem tournament tonight with 40 players and finished second. I play in a free Amatuer Poker League.

PQQLK9
01-23-2005, 03:28 AM
2nd out of 40 ain't bad. Way to go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chopstick
01-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Nice going Stick. Poker seems interesting but I know next to nothing about it.

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Good job. Does give you a chance at the big tables as a qualifier? Maybe see you on TV.

DG

stickman
01-23-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm invited to one, I believe, the end of this month in Wichita. 1st Place at a Qualifying Event is a Trip for Two to Las Vegas! They will be sending the winner to the 2005 World Series of Poker Championship Event on July 7th, 2005. Grand Prize* includes $10,000 Seat Buy-in, Travel, and Lodging. The qualifier is free, but a $25.00 donation is suggested. Considering the travel expense, lodging, meals, and ect., it still isn't exactly free. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I won't go, but I'd like to do it sometime.

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Look at it as a vacation. Can I go in your place?lol This would be fun to try for the grand prize.

DG

stickman
01-23-2005, 01:44 PM
I will eventually. Right now isn't a good time. I'm broke, in the process of filing for bankruptcy, I finally just got my divorce settlement over after more than two years, my Mom is in hospice, and my Dad is close behind, I'm planning to change my dialysis from home dialysis to hemo-dialysis soon. Going somewhere is extremely inconvenient with the equipment, and supplies I need to carry with my current method of dialysis. There will be opportunities, but not right now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wish I could send you in my place. I'd like to see what you could do, and I'd have someone to cheer for. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your parents. This is never easy and then to have the financial woes on top of it. My best to you.

DG - things will get better

stickman
01-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Thanks, Duane. I'm sure things will work out as God intends. I got a third place finish this afternoon. I'd still like to take a chance at a seat at the World Series of Poker when situations are better.

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Let me know when you get the chance, I'll be rooting for you.

DG - peace

SpiderMan
01-24-2005, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Nice going Stick. Poker seems interesting but I know next to nothing about it. <hr /></blockquote>

You'd probably be very good at it. You're analytic and unemotional, two traits that seem to be required for successful poker players. But it wouldn't be half the fun of fishing, and I sure wouldn't recommend dropping pool to take up a new hobby!

SpiderMan

TomBrooklyn
01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey Jim,

Put your picture up here (http://www.ratemypokerface.com) and get your poker face evaluated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-TomBk