PDA

View Full Version : CAT Tour Cancels 2005 Season !

Doctor_D
01-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Information copied from an E-Mail I received this morning ...

January 23, 2005

To all CAT members, spectators, sponsors and followers:

It is with deep sorrow that we must now inform you of our intention to cancel our 2005 season. We apologize for the late notice. We realize how much the tour has come to mean to so many of you. We may or may not start back up again with the 2006 season. Be assured that we will be contacting you later this year should we decide to continue next year. We wish everyone much success in their shooting.

Our website will remain up and running for at least the next six months.

mksmith713
01-23-2005, 10:41 AM
I knoiw absolutely nothing about the CAT Tour but I wonder why they cancelled the season.
Does anyone have any info? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
This is a bad thing for players who rely on the tour for higher level competition.

Rich R.
01-24-2005, 04:38 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Holly
01-28-2005, 08:40 PM
There have been numerous calls on the tour phone line including from the billiard press and as I see here this evening, a couple of questions and comments about the CAT Tour cancelling the 2005 season.

Trish, Eve and I initially started the tour with the foremost and complete goal in mind to offer opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic region for women players who strive to better their game as well as pursue a goal of qualifying for the WPBA. It has been a rare pleasure and I will always look back fondly at any moment in the past 4 years that we might have been successful in that goal. It was an exciting, enjoyable, although sometimes exhausting endeavor. There were events that went well and there were events that had their snags, aguements and mishaps. All of those come naturally to any tournament, from the weekly locals to the National level.

There were a couple of issues that pre-empted the cancellation of the CAT tour. The economy had a role and just the changes that life brings contributed. Individual personal lives got in the way - personal changes and growth in other directions played a factor.

My dear and amazing friends, Trish and Eve, as many of you who are familiar with the tour know, have been running the tour 97% on their own these past two years. I have the upmost resect for them. I know up close and intimately the sacrifices they made both financially and personally to work to make the tour enjoyable and good. They succeeded brilliantly and I love them and admire them more than I can say.

I have an abounding respect for any person or group who runs any tournament and tour. It take a lot of heart, time and energy. I hope one day the CAT lives another life (being they are reputed to have nine)- you never know.

I wish the best for all women's pool and players.

Holly Ryan