PDA

View Full Version : Warped Cue ?

bigshooter
01-23-2005, 08:38 AM
I have cue that when you roll the shaft on the table by itself its perfectly straight and when you put the shaft on the cue and roll the entire cue on the table its perfectly straight BUT if you put the cue on the table with the joint near the rail and the shaft sticking out over the edge of the table and roll it you can see the tip end of the shaft "bobbing" up and down about 1/16 of an inch or so.
I've heard opinions ranging from its pretty common and no big deal all the way to the cue is almost worthless regardless of what the book says its worth.
I've heard some say its the joint facing, others says the butt is warped but I can't see that its warped, others claim the pin is not straight, some say there is nothing wrong with the cue at all.
Opinions?

Troy
01-23-2005, 09:03 AM
I would put a slight 1/16" wobble when rolling the cue off the rail out of my mind and shoot... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Specially since it rolls straight flat on the table.
It could be the facing or the pin causing the slight wobble, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> I have cue that when you roll the shaft on the table by itself its perfectly straight and when you put the shaft on the cue and roll the entire cue on the table its perfectly straight BUT if you put the cue on the table with the joint near the rail and the shaft sticking out over the edge of the table and roll it you can see the tip end of the shaft "bobbing" up and down about 1/16 of an inch or so.
I've heard opinions ranging from its pretty common and no big deal all the way to the cue is almost worthless regardless of what the book says its worth.
I've heard some say its the joint facing, others says the butt is warped but I can't see that its warped, others claim the pin is not straight, some say there is nothing wrong with the cue at all.
Opinions?
<hr /></blockquote>

mksmith713
01-23-2005, 10:26 AM
I agree that it could be the face or the pin that's causing the wobble.
Another thing to check would be the wrap.
Wrap can be a little high in one area causing the bobbing.
It only matters in your head.
If you have a psych issue, fix it, if you don't have an issue, play with it.