PDA

View Full Version : Dan Dishaw cues

TommyT
01-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Hey everybody,
I just got back from the DCC and fell in love with a Dishaw cue. Does anyone have any opinions on his work and the cues playability?. He seems like a good guy but never hear his name mentioned in the elite cuemakers lists. I'd appreciate any input.
Thanks,
TommyT
PS. Fred Agnir if your reading this I looked for you to collect my drink for discovering the Magic Eraser application.

dg-in-centralpa
01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
While I've never played with one, I have seen his cues at VF. I think they look great. An aquaintance has an early Dishaw cue and wouldn't part with it.

DG

cueball1950
01-23-2005, 08:06 PM
i have hit with several of his cues. the last 1 at the open in sept. I like the hit so much that he gave me a price on a cue that i will be ordering soon. it is just a plain 4 point cue with no veneers. Don't like to fancy a cue. Hope this helps.........................mike

Vicki
01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Dan makes a great cue. He's the president of the American Cue Makers Association and on the Board of the BCA... very active in the industry... he's not going anywhere. Suprising you've not heard him mentioned as an elite cuemaker... He certainly is among the best in the world. I'd buy one if I could... Hope that helps.

cueball1950
01-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi vicky..glad to see you posting again. been missing you. your botfriend also makes a nice cue.............mike

Rich R.
01-24-2005, 04:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vicki:</font><hr>I'd buy one if I could... Hope that helps. <hr /></blockquote>
You don't have to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
01-24-2005, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TommyT:</font><hr> Hey everybody,
I just got back from the DCC and fell in love with a Dishaw cue. Does anyone have any opinions on his work and the cues playability?. He seems like a good guy but never hear his name mentioned in the elite cuemakers lists. I'd appreciate any input.
Thanks,
TommyT
PS. Fred Agnir if your reading this I looked for you to collect my drink for discovering the Magic Eraser application.
<hr /></blockquote> I don't know why Dan isn't mentioned more. He's a hell of a nice guy and his work is beautiful. I've never heard a complaint about the hit of his cues. Hit is subjective anyway.

His involvement in the BCA trade organization and as the head of the ACA also shows his dedication to the overall improvement of our sport.

Fred &lt;~~~ was there from 1/13 - 1/20.

Deeman2
01-24-2005, 01:13 PM
In my heart, I have lusted after Dan's cues for years. I think Jimmy Carter said that.

Dans' cues are beautiful and like Fred, I have never heard a bad thing about one. I hit with one in VF and FWIW, I loved it. It hit about like my Schon but a hair softer. Workmanship was unsurpassed.

Deeman

Vicki
01-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi Rich!

I have a nice collection of Capone Cues, for sure, but that doesn't mean I don't admire other cuemaker's work. Dan Dishaw is certainly someone I would want to do business with. His cues are exceptional. Also, I love McWorter cues. They are beautiful!

Hope you and Cathy are doing well... See you at Valley Forge?

Vicki

Vicki
01-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Hi Mike!

He's not my boyfriend anymore! He asked me to marry him so now he's my fiancee! How lucky am I?

I lurk around the forums now and again. Business keeps me too busy to be a regular, but I check in on y'all. Hope you are well... Will you be at Valley Forge?

Vicki