PDA

View Full Version : cool billiards juggling video demo

dr_dave
01-24-2005, 10:53 AM
FYI, I recently found and posted a video to my website (NV A.18 (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/normal_videos/new/NVA-18.htm)) that shows various forms of "billiards juggling." Check it out ... it's really cool. Maybe some of the trick shot artists and exhibition performers out there can add some of these skills to their repertoire.

PQQLK9
01-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Nice video. I have seen Tommy Kennedy do that act with 15 balls also.

cueball1950
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Tommy Kennedy is the best at that type of ball jugling. i have seen him do just about all 15 balls...if you ever see him, ask him to show you.................mike

dr_dave
01-24-2005, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Tommy Kennedy is the best at that type of ball jugling. i have seen him do just about all 15 balls...if you ever see him, ask him to show you.................mike <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for the info. I hope I get to see that in person some day.

Cueless Joey
01-24-2005, 04:38 PM
I saw Tommy's juggling act on AccuStats video.
Simply amazing.

LARRY_BOY
01-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the cool video.......we appricate your efforts.

loofnicnad
01-25-2005, 08:10 AM
EXCELLENT!!!
As a juggler, I appreciate this a lot.
Now I have some new ideas to play with between games!

dr_dave
01-25-2005, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Thanks for the cool video.......we appreciate your efforts.<hr /></blockquote>
You are very welcome. Thanks for the nice words. They help offset the not-so-nice words I sometimes receive from others on the CCB.

dr_dave
01-25-2005, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote loofnicnad:</font><hr> EXCELLENT!!!
As a juggler, I appreciate this a lot.
Now I have some new ideas to play with between games!<hr /></blockquote>
I also juggle and look forward to trying out some of the patterns shown in the video. It would also be fun to add aerial juggling to the table juggling routines (i.e., throw balls in the air in addition to rolling them on the table). I'm surprised that wasn't included in the video, because they did almost everything else.

cainamaniac
02-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Hah! very fun. I used to do that when I was a kid and had just learned regular 3d juggling. Here's something I found even more challenging: instead of pushing the balls by hand...try using a pool cue! (I recommend starting with 2 balls)

ChuckR
02-25-2005, 07:29 AM
I think Tommy does this on an accustat video the year that he wins the US Open. Must have been the the mid to late 90's. He is a realy pleasure to watch both on tape and in person. ChuckR

SpiderMan
02-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Hey Dave,

I tried to right-click and "save" the video but only got a 1.8-KB "shortcut" to the web page. How can I save a copy of this video?

BTW, some of the sequences look like Rod Elliot's juggling, but he does it much faster because he's hitting the balls with the cue tip rather than catching and rolling with his hands.

SpiderMan

dr_dave
02-25-2005, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>I tried to right-click and "save" the video but only got a 1.8-KB "shortcut" to the web page. How can I save a copy of this video?<hr /></blockquote>
If you want to save a copy of a video to your disk, click on the "alternative interface" at the top of the main NV or HSV video page. The alternative interfaces links directly to the video files. If you right-click on these links, you can "Save Target As" to copy a video file.

dr_dave
03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
If you enjoyed the billiards juggling video, you might also enjoy a video of a very talented comedian playing a electric keyboard with balls. Not quite billiards-related ... but very cool. Check it out. It is labeled "playing piano with balls" and it can be found under "Miscellaneous" at: Dr. Dave's Video Demonstrations (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/video_demos/).

TennesseeJoe
03-24-2005, 03:27 PM
The late Don Willis was one of the best at juggling balls. I saw him do it over 25 years ago. Thanks for sharing.