PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Centenial Cloth

TennesseeJoe
01-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Has anyone tried the new Brunswick Centenial cloth?. I understand it is a little heavier than the Simonis 860 but plays about the same. With Teflon being added to the wool nylon blend, it is supposed to last longer and be priced about the same.

Lanny
01-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Haven't played on it,but just finished reading about the different cloths in the Dec. '04 issue of Pool & Billiards Mag.It is made in Santiago,Mexico in the same mill that produces cloth for Championship Billiards.The article went on to say that tightly woven worsteds will bead liquids just as well,but will seep into the fabric quicker and should be cleaned up as fast as possible(duuh!!).The article didn't mention anything about the Teflon extending the life of the cloth,it's main purpose is stain restistance,but Brunswick's ad claims up to 60% longer cloth life.Whether or not you believe their claim is up to you.

Lanny

NineBallNut
01-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I sell brunswick products, as well as play a lot of pool. I have found from playing on it that is plays a little different than simonis does. It seems to take longer for the english to grab. Kinda like the teflon coating helps the ball skid instead of getting good grab.