PDA

View Full Version : Just some thoughts...

rackmup
05-27-2002, 07:43 PM
I've been watching the NBA playoffs, between the Lakers and the Kings and I have just a couple of things to say...

...I am so happy Bill Walton didn't play professional pool...because if he did, I think I would scoop out my eardrums with a small grapefruit spoon before listening to him call the play-by-play or comment on a match.

GOD! that guy makes my teeth hurt!

(Please Lord...don't let his son carry on his legacy of being the biggest doof with access to a microphone.)

Regards,

Ken (feels better now...thanks for listening)

Tom_In_Cincy
05-27-2002, 07:50 PM
I agree.. I have been a long time hater of Bill Walton.

Ever since 1973 when he went 21-22 field goals in the finals of the NCAA basketball tournament against Memphis State. Being a MSU Grad, it hurt... still does, 10 of those 21 were clearly goal tending.. I've seen the tapes..

But as an announcer, he is 0-121..
Ken, I agree.. I would rather turn on the radio.. to listen to the game.

Ralph S.
05-27-2002, 08:17 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don't prefer him either, but in the mans defense, he overcame a very serious speech impediment and stuttering problem. I don't like his voice, but to get where he has gotten and eliminate so much of the speech problems is a testament to ones will to strive to do better as you and I do at the game of pool. I am not asking you to like him, just give him some credit where it is due. JMHO.
Ralph S.

MikeM
05-28-2002, 06:25 AM
Walton has a few lucid comments throughout the course of a game. But the rest of it is absolute diarrhea of the mouth. He drives me crazy. I'll watch large stretches with the sound muted when I've had enough of Bill.

MM