PDA

View Full Version : Gold Crown pockets?

ballbanger
01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone. I just bought a G/C 3 and I need some info on replacing the pockets. Mine look kinda bad and I wanted to put new ones and I heard that the G/C 4's have larger capacity pockets. Will they fit in my 3? Also how much would a set cost from brunswick? Does anyone else make a good quality replacement pocket with a large capacity? Any help appreciated!!

PQQLK9
01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
http://www.rcdesigns.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=rcdesigns

ballbanger
01-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the link, but I dont see any G/C style pockets.

Brad
01-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Have you tried Mueller Rec Products?
www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com)

It may not be on their online catalog, but their physical catalog is more thorough. If nothing else, call them. 402-423-8888

ballbanger
01-25-2005, 12:15 PM
They have the right ones. It doesnt specify the capacity but maybe they can tell me. Thank you very much.

DialUp
01-25-2005, 12:57 PM
I purchased a set from Mueller. They were a perfect fit but I don't think they were any bigger than GC3 pockets.

Anyways, they were cheap and fit perfect. I would get them from them again...

Rod
01-25-2005, 01:21 PM
You only have so much room for a pocket. Your pockets holds 6 balls as I recall. To increase it to hold even 2 more would take a lot more room. Buy std pockets or install gutters. By all means though, get rid of those gummy stock rubber pockets. As I recall Hood makes leather pockets or Muellers as suggested.

Brad
01-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Yea, Hood makes leather pockets. In fact, they supply Muellers with their pockets. Contrary to popular belief about RC, Hood is the largest pocket mfg. in the world. They supply ALL Olhausen and Brunswick.

However, I don't think you can use a leather bucket in the GC3 or GC4. Isn't that when Brunswick started using the plastic pocket with the recessed screw molded in the pocket?

If not, and it's the type that's just tacked in, then of course you could use Hood's leather version. They produce the bucket for Brunswick's Gibson, Montebello, Artisan, etc., and I believe that it holds 9 balls, because it is a wider diameter.

ballbanger
01-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Brunswick claims the G/C 4 holds 10 balls per pocket. I'm not sure if they will fit in a 3 though. I want drop pockets and I can live with the ones I have, but since I was changing them anyway I figured I'd put the bigger ones if I could.

Rod
01-25-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, I don't think you can use a leather bucket in the GC3 or GC4. Isn't that when Brunswick started using the plastic pocket with the recessed screw molded in the pocket?
<hr /></blockquote>

GC III's had them.

Rod

Rod
01-25-2005, 03:30 PM
10 balls, wow, that is a lot of balls. Must be filled to the brim. Just curious why you need so many. Er well probably shooting drills?

Rod

Bob_Jewett
01-25-2005, 05:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> ... Your pockets hold 6 balls as I recall. ... <hr /></blockquote>
The GC3 corner pockets where I play only hold 3 balls reliably. If you have to follow two cushions with power, you need to be sure there are fewer than 4 balls already there, and 2 seems to be the best number -- that's what Tony Annigoni made sure was in the pocket for any power shot. I thought he was a crazy nitpicker until I got more experience.

Rod
01-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Oh, I know Bob, just stating capacity. I figured he was shooting soft drills. 4 to 5 is fine for slow rolls but at speed two max is what I leave as well. They can be spit back out. If a pocket holds ten balls, you could probably leave 4 in there.

Rod