PDA

View Full Version : first APA league match tommorrow night

dvsmnstr
01-25-2005, 01:29 PM
hey guys, I just signed a few of my friends and I up in the APA league. Our first game is tommorrow night anything I should be aware of that I might have overlooked? thanks for any advise!

Barbara
01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
8-ball or 9-ball?

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
01-25-2005, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> ...anything I should be aware of that I might have overlooked? ...<hr /></blockquote>

It will be advantageous to know the rules well.

dvsmnstr
01-25-2005, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> 8-ball or 9-ball?

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

we will be playing 8-ball, I have took a good look at the rule book.. luckily i'm playing a friends team and they can be trusted in teaching us anything we don't know.

jjinfla
01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Mark the pocket - mark the pocket - mark the pocket

I hope you have more than just the minimum 5 on the team.

If this is the first time all of you are in the APA you will start out as 4's. If you all win tomorrow in a big way then you will all become 5's which would put you over the 23 limit rule.

It would pay to keep the matches close the first few weeks so you stay as 4's. I hope you did not select a bunch of strong players. In the APA you need a weak player to offset a strong player.

Good Luck.

Jake

dvsmnstr
01-26-2005, 06:45 AM
I have a guy on my team who is probably a 2 but he is playing for the fun of it. thanks for the info guys i'll let ya know how we did!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Mark the pocket - mark the pocket - mark the pocket

I hope you have more than just the minimum 5 on the team.

If this is the first time all of you are in the APA you will start out as 4's. If you all win tomorrow in a big way then you will all become 5's which would put you over the 23 limit rule.

It would pay to keep the matches close the first few weeks so you stay as 4's. I hope you did not select a bunch of strong players. In the APA you need a weak player to offset a strong player.

Good Luck.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

dvsmnstr
01-26-2005, 08:09 AM
I do have one question for you guys, someone mentioned that you can't lift the butt of your stick over your shoulder? is this true I could not find it in the booklet I got from apa or there website.

GeraldG
01-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Maybe a local bylaw?

Wally_in_Cincy
01-26-2005, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> I do have one question for you guys, someone mentioned that you can't lift the butt of your stick over your shoulder? is this true I could not find it in the booklet I got from apa or there website. <hr /></blockquote>

Not true unless it's a local by-law like Gerald said.

You can jump if you use your regular playing cue. You are specifically prohibited from switching to a jump cue or "scoop" jumping.