PDA

View Full Version : key west

joninnorfolk
01-26-2005, 06:18 AM
I'm getting ready to go to Key West and wanted to know if anyone knows of any place to play? I was there a year ago and didn't find anyplace. Thanks

Popcorn
01-26-2005, 11:10 AM
There used to be a lot of action in the keys. The, I think the name is, Stick & Stein may still be there and Captain Tony's use to have a table. I used to go down there and play in some of the roughest places you could imagine. There would be guys walking around wearing swords who looked like pirates and you would be betting with them. I was playing a guy one night in the Boat bar who reached for a shot and had to get up and remove his gun. from his belt because it was hindering his reach. The Keys used to be an anything goes place.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-26-2005, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> ...Captain Tony's use to have a table. ... <hr /></blockquote>

Captain Tony's had two beat up bar tables when I was in there in 2002. and terrible house cues.

cool bar though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
01-26-2005, 12:09 PM
jon,

You need to contact Voodoo Daddy. Send him a private message. He knows the Keys.

Barbara

Popcorn
01-26-2005, 01:58 PM
There is some real bad places down there. I used to play at a place called the Cow Key Marina bar. It was on a semi-enclosed pier and salt spray would blow in on the table as you were playing. Forget drawing the ball. Some times if you jumped the table the ball went into the water and you had to use a net get it out. I played Peter Fonda and Warren Oats there. Oats could play a little. They were there shooting a movie I think it was called "92 in the Shade". Some of the movie was shot at that bar.

joninnorfolk
01-27-2005, 05:02 AM
thanks to everyone for the info. I guess spending feb. in the keys on the governments dime won't be too bad.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-27-2005, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote joninnorfolk:</font><hr> I'm getting ready to go to Key West and wanted to know if anyone knows of any place to play? I was there a year ago and didn't find anyplace. Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Key West thread from AZB (http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=4918&amp;highlight=west)

Hope this helps

Jay
01-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I was there for July 4th last year. I didnt really see any place to play down there but the one place that I did play at was Fat Tuesdays. They had a beat up bar table there with broom stick handles for cues. I didnt play much mostly because we were all just drinking, damn margaritas!

Popcorn
01-27-2005, 10:18 AM
The thing about the keys is, you go there to do nothing. After a day or two you have seen everything there is to see, A month there can be mind numbing. While you are there though be sure to rent a bike and see the place more close up. My wife by the way just left to go to Key West about an hour ago with her mother and sister. Her other sister has a place down there and they are going to visit for the week end. My wife's sister is a retired attorney and a wack-job. I think living down there does that to you.