PDA

View Full Version : Ted Turner compares Fox News to Hitler Propaganda!

Gayle in MD
01-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Good ol' Ted, always had a knack for calling a spade a spade! Washington Post article today. Sorry I don't have a link, just skimmed the article this morning, but I am sure you can find it on their website. Really a good one, for the truth seeking Democrats on here, anyway!

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
01-26-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really a good one, for the truth seeking Democrats on here, anyway!
<hr /></blockquote> Do you include yourself in this group? If so, and you were honestly seeking the truth, I was just wondering what sort of questions you would be asking Ted after he made this statement... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote TT:</font><hr> There's nothing wrong with that. It's certainly legal. But it does pose problems for our democracy. Particularly when the news is dumbed down," leaving voters without critical information on politics and world events and overloaded with fluff... <hr /></blockquote> Myself, being a honest truth seeker (not a dem) would ask it Ted would mind offering some examples. With a statment like that he should be able to pop quite a off right off the top of his head. What examples would he provide that included Fox dumbing down the news, while CNN would have acted differently.

LOL, I am not surprised to see you jump on the TT bandwagon. I just wonder if CNN will ask the hard questions and demand Turner to explain himself. Surely you wouldn't/haven't, and really isn't that what a real truth seeker would request?

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
01-26-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While Fox may be the largest news network [and has overtaken Turner's CNN], it's not the best, Turner said. He followed up by pointing out that Adolph Hitler got the most votes when he was elected to run Germany prior to WWII.<hr /></blockquote>

I think that is way out of line. Just because they lean conservative. Good grief

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fox News:</font><hr> "Ted is understandably bitter having lost his ratings, his network, and now his mind," said a Fox News spokesperson. "We wish him well." <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif