PDA

View Full Version : Gastonia, NC - Billiard Room Recommendation

Doctor_D
05-28-2002, 06:37 AM
Good morning:

Several of us will be traveling south, road trip, from the New York Metro area to compete in the WPBA Amateur Nationals in July with a one night stop over in Gastonia, NC.

Can anyone recommend a good room in the Gastonia area for some evening practice where a group of female Yankees will feel welcome and comfortable?

Dr. D.

Vagabond
05-28-2002, 09:56 AM
Hi Dr.D,
U are better off stopping in Charolett and take a look at Kelly Oyama`s place ( Mothers ) or get invited by Allison to her home and get some coaching tips in 9 ball.Another option is taking a diversion thru the mountains to Boone to chris`s place.I do not recommend Gastonia however let us hear what Chris got to say.U will be accepted immediately in any place in South because of your pleasant demeanor and good manners.(No worries Mate,as they say in Newzealand)On your return u may consider stopping in the beautiful ASHVILLE,NC.Cheers
Vagabond

Vagabond
05-28-2002, 01:03 PM
Hi Dr.D,
Check this place: Shooters after Dark
702 S Linwood road
Tel: 704 853 2582
I never been to this place.I do not have a clue about this place.
By the way u can stop in Hickery and check out all the beautiful furniture stores( world famous).I donot recommend a visit to the pool hall in Hickery if u are uncomfortable with smoke clouds.
vagabond

Wally_in_Cincy
05-30-2002, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vagabond:</font><hr> U are better off stopping in Charolett and take a look at Kelly Oyama`s place ( Mothers ) <hr></blockquote>

I think perhaps Dr. D. might not want to visit Kelly Oyama's place at this particular point in time. /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

05-30-2002, 09:33 AM
Dr. D, I haven't been on-line much lately, but I noticed this post. Gastonia seems a strange place for a stopover between the northeast and Athens, Ga - only another couple of hours from Gastonia. I assume one of the players must have relatives in that area you're all planning to stay with?

As I'd love to have a bunch of you gals up here practicing, I'll offer complimentary pool here to the group if you make the extra effort to come up to the Boone area. As I don't think we have enough room at the house next door for all of you, I can try to find you a decent hotel room rate - although in the summer season here in the mountains unfortunately no rooms come cheap. Our tight pockets will certainly prepare you well for Doug's tables in Athens. Please get in touch if I can be of any help - 828-963-6260. - Chris in NC

Doctor_D
05-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Good afternoon Chris:

Thank-you, for that most generous offer. I will check with my "Road Trip" group, about detouring to Boone, NC, and will check in with you soon.

Thanks again...

Dr. D.

05-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Hi Chris! Lorri is on board, and looking foward to meeting you!

05-30-2002, 07:46 PM
The Oyama's sold Mother's last year, although the operation is basically run the same under the new ownership. The back room is still a fairly well kept players room with the Diamond tables and Simonis cloth - particularly for daytime practice when it's not busy and most of the good players are around. After dark a totally different clientele takes over. - Chris in NC