PDA

View Full Version : Shot of the Year

ras314
01-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Just got the Feb issue of BD. Guess what the shot of the year is? Yup, Earl's slop shot on the 9 in the World Summit of Pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Called a marvelous kick on the 2, ect. Heck I make shots like that every now and then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Buckster_uk
01-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Corey Deuel's shot on the 4 against Mika Immonen in the US Open.

LARRY_BOY
01-27-2005, 03:51 AM
It was a shot that fell in. You and I both have had such LUCK and have smiled when it found the pocket. Shot of the year, I don't think so!

JimS
01-27-2005, 05:45 AM
Since "they" call that the shot of the year it really validates the rest of the best of the year winners. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GeraldG
01-27-2005, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Buckster_uk:</font><hr> Corey Deuel's shot on the 4 against Mika Immonen in the US Open. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, if I had an opportunity to vote for shot of the year, that one would definitely get the nod. That was one hell of a shot. It was a gutsy move to even try it.

Sid_Vicious
01-27-2005, 06:30 AM
"Nineball, game of skill." Wonder if even Earl would vote for it himself. I give him credit for a little integrity..sid

ras314
01-27-2005, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Buckster_uk:</font><hr> Corey Deuel's shot on the 4 against Mika Immonen in the US Open. <hr /></blockquote>

At least Corey's shot was an intended position play, if a bit difficult to hit as well as he did. I thought a forced follow two rails might work as well.

thepoolnerd
01-27-2005, 10:48 PM
The shot of the year??? You are going to nominate a slop shot as shot of the year?!? It looked like something you would see some ball-banging, appleknocker pull off at the Friday night nine ball tournament at Moe's Tavern. He had better shots in that MATCH.

Cueless Joey
01-28-2005, 01:16 AM
Shot of the year was Anna Kournikova naked at the beach.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.
Corey's table length draw against Efren at the US Open.
Hill-hill nailbiter.

christopheradams
01-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Watching the way Earl plays, I would definitely hesitate to call any shot he takes as slop. In the US Open against Rodney Morris he made a tough kick shot combo on the nine look like it was a hanger. When he made that shot on the 9 in the World Summit of Pool he was most definitely trying to kick at the ball and I bet with his skills probably trying to hit a certain part of the ball. You also have to factor in the game situation. It was Hill Hill wasn't it?