PDA

View Full Version : carom and novelty balls

Pied Piper
01-27-2005, 06:24 AM
My first question and reason for this posting is, anyone here from MA? and know of any place that has a carom/snooker tables?

also this is just a rant and raving,
Does anyone else find those leopard print, snake print, golden, etc. 9 b-all and 8-ball really really really annoying? I mean I actually bought the black cue ball and white 8-ball on the suggestion of a friend for when I was having focus issues in my game. But am I the only one that finds a leopard print pool ball, or ones with some logo on it, really really really annoying?

Bob_Jewett
01-27-2005, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pied Piper:</font><hr> My first question and reason for this posting is, anyone here from MA? and know of any place that has a carom/snooker tables?
... <hr /></blockquote>
Not sure about snooker but the USBA lists eight rooms in MA with carom tables, maybe. There are phone numbers there.
http://www.usbilliardassn.org/html/billiard_rooms.html

bomber
01-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree with you about those novelty balls...i couldnt imagine playing with anything but the traditional sets... they make a ton of those kinds of balls with various logos (sports teams, leopard prints, ect...) I just dont like them...i guess i am a traditionalist or a conservative lol. I really dont like table with logos on the cloth as well. I went into a room in Louisville a few years back during the DCC and the only open table was an eight footer with purple felt and a huge Jack Daniels logo printed on it from the head rail to the foot rail. It made shooting real tough! lol Maybe i just should have got me a jack and coke... might have helped. Wait, i did get a jack and coke. damn advertisers. they got into my heads again! lol

Pied Piper
01-27-2005, 01:36 PM
LOL the worst I have ever experienced with printed cloth, was a guy's wife printed a picture of his kids on the cloth. Imagine a 9 foot image of a two drooling babies on your cloth. I couldn't shoot worth crap, and got dizzy from watching the faces elongate every time I bent down to shoot.

cueball1950
01-27-2005, 10:26 PM
where in Mass. Are you close to albany at all. We have 3 carom/billiard tables. 2 unheated gold crown and 1 heated soren sogaard. stop in and play sometime.......mike

Pied Piper
01-28-2005, 05:37 AM
im in central MA, Right outside of WOOOSTAHH!!

Bob_Jewett
01-28-2005, 12:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> where in Mass. Are you close to albany at all. We have 3 carom/billiard tables. 2 unheated gold crown and 1 heated soren sogaard. ... <hr /></blockquote>
You may want to send that info to the USBA. Listing on their web site (which tries to list all known carom tables) is free, but someone has to send in the info.

http://www.usbilliardassn.org/html/new_york.html